- Community Outreach - Michael At Metal Core Collectibles Talks About 3D Printing And Making Fan Designs
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For May 2020
- "Mech Merc Company" - A Love Letter To MechWarrior 2, Now On Steam Early Access
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For April 2020
- What ‘Mech Would You Survive The Coronavirus Outbreak In?
- Read more →
|Died||24 May 3034|
|Profession|| Warlord of Rasalhague|
Warlord of Pesht
|Parents|| Undell Kurita (father)|
Florimel Kurita (mother) 
|Children|| Constance Kurita|
Born on Kagoshima, Marcus Kurita, a cousin of ruling Coordinator Takashi Kurita, was a prominent member of House Kurita. Driven by a desire to become Coordinator, he spun many intrigues and enacted many schemes and was a major player in the Ronin Wars.
Marcus was removed from his position as Warlord of the Rasalhague Military District in 3019 by Takashi Kurita. This was due to his popularity with the troops and people of the district being seen as a threat to Takashi's rule. In 3019, a group of conspirators including the District Governor, Jarl Ottar Sjovold, had tried to kill Coordinator Takashi Kurita on the eve of his son Theodore Kurita's wedding to Anastasi Sjovold by sabotaging the DropShip Startreader so that it would crash into the military command center of the starport on Rasalhague. Marcus apparently double-crossed the conspirators though by sending messages calling Theodore Kurita and co-conspirator Duke Hassid Ricol to the command center shortly before the crash; this in turn forced Ottar Sjovold to take action to rescue his future son-in-law and Coordinator, thereby revealing his complicity in the plot.
Ultimately, the attempt failed. Takashi Kurita publicly announced that all conspirators would be put to death along with their offspring and parents and although Marcus Kurita was strongly suspected of having played a role, no actual proof could be found. (This was thought to be presumably so that his mother Florimel Kurita, Keeper of the House Honor at the time, would not have to be put to death.) Instead, Marcus Kurita was promoted to Chief of Strategies for the DCMS and called away from his domain to Luthien where the Coordinator could keep him at a very short leash. He was eventually installed as commander of the Otomo and later made Warlord of the Pesht Military District in the (false) belief he had tired of court games.
When the Free Rasalhague Republic was formed in 3034, Marcus Kurita immediately became one of the Ronin leaders. He was arrested on Rasalhague when he was supposed to be on Pesht. Eventually, Theodore Kurita ordered his death. Marcus Kurita was killed in his HQ on Predlitz on 24 May 3034 by Ninyu Kerai on Theodore Kurita's orders, though false evidence left behind by Kerai led to the public perception that a Lyran Commonwealth agent had killed Marcus Kurita.
Titles and Positions
Likely Richard Sorenson
|Warlord of the Rasalhague Military District
| Succeeded by|
Kester Hsiun Chi
|Warlord of the Pesht Military District
| Succeeded by|
- 58 years old in 3034 as per Brush Wars, p. 95
- Heir to the Dragon, p. 63
- Heir to the Dragon, Ch. 13
- Combat Manual: Kurita, Page 49.
- House Kurita (The Draconis Combine), "The Draconis Combine's Line of Succession and Partial Kurita Family Tree"
- Black Dragon, p. 269
- Brush Wars, p. 95
- House Kurita (The Draconis Combine), p. 90, "Internal Squabbles"
- Heir to the Dragon, chapters 9 through 13
- Sorenson’s Sabres (scenario pack), p. 16 Daniel Sorenson character profile - Original detailed background included.