- Community Outreach - Tex Talks BattleTech
- Clan Invasion Approaches $2 Million Stretch Goal, Teases UrbanMech Plushie
- What’s up with Catalyst? at GenCon 2019
- MechWarrior 5 Confirmed As Epic Games Store Exclusive
- Clan Invasion Boxed Set Funded In 7 Freakin’ Minutes, Catalyst Frantically Throwing Up Stretch Goals
- Read more →
Like many Lyran Alliance officials, Roland was completely loyal to Archon Katherine Steiner-Davion and was utterly ruthless against the Archon's political enemies. One of the top enemies on the Archon's personal hit list was Duke Eric Dresari, noble ruler of Kentares and one of the Archon's most vocal critics, who inspired his people to protest against the "usurper" sitting on the throne of New Avalon. Archon Katherine ordered Roland to Kentares to silence Dresari and put down the anti-Archon demonstrations, backed up by a combat command from the Fifth Donegal Guards.
After the commander of the Kentares militia was assassinated, Roland ordered the Fifth Donegal to arrest or execute every single Dresari loyalist and have Dresari and his family arrested. On November 28, 3062, Eric Dresari and his family were executed on Roland's orders.
Roland then assumed direct command of all military forces on Kentares, including the Clovis Draconis March Militia, a post he kept between November 3062 and April 3063. He was arrested by Ian Dresari in April of 3063 and the leaderless Clovis DMM was folded into the newly formed Kentares DMM, personally led by the recently appointed Duke Ian.
By February of 3063, he had almost 4,000 anti-Archon demonstrators arrested and imprisoned.
Shortly thereafter, Ian Dresari returned to Kentares to lead an anti-Steiner resistance force in a guerrilla war against the oppressors. During the occupation, Roland ordered reprisals every time harder against the rebels and those who help them: since executing Davion soldiers prisoners, to raze a entire city, "Vale", with all his population. However, both attempts failed, thanks to Ian Dresari's unit. In less than three months, Ian and his followers defeated all of Roland's forces. Roland and his second-in-command, Leftenant General Jackson Pory, were arrested by Dresari forces and court-martialed for war atrocities.
- In the apocryphal PC game MechWarrior 4: Vengeance, Roland was killed aboard his personal DropShip by Ian Dresari and his team while they were retaking the Kentares IV Royal Palace from Steiner-occupation forces.
- FedCom Civil War (sourcebook) does not mention Roland's ultimate fate after his court-martial, but given the scope of his crimes against the citizens of Kentares, it is presumed he was executed.
Behind the Scenes
Marcus Roland was played by actor Ron Morgan.
- Field Manual: Federated Suns, p. 121 - "Militia Profile"