- Community Outreach - The Robert N. Charrette Collection
- New Heavy Metal Trailer For HBS’ BattleTech Reveals New ‘Mech: The Bull Shark
- You Can Now Play MechWarrior 2 And MechWarrior 2: Mercenaries On Your Browser... Sort Of
- Talking BattleTech Fiction with Philip A. Lee
- Community Outreach - Tex Talks BattleTech
- Read more →
|Primary Site(s)|| Caph|
|Primary Products|| BattleMechs|
Martinson Armaments is a weapons manufacturer with a factory on Terra. Prior to the Jihad they were one of the major suppliers for the Word of Blake. As a part of the Blakist courting of the government of Caph while building up the Word of Blake Protectorate the Word of Blake decontaminated and restored a Martinson Armaments factory on Caph, although it isn't clear what was manufactured from the plant. During Operation SCOUR the Martinson Armaments factory on Terra was seriously damaged by Coalition forces as they assaulted Terra. As of 3079 their long-term viability was unclear.
Intelligence uncovered after the Jihad revealed that another Martinson Armaments factory had been constructed during the late 3070s. Built under orders from Precentor Martial Cameron St. Jamais of the Word of Blake and kept secret, the Martinson Armaments factory was hidden within an abandoned Star League facility on the island of Quantico on the world of Liberty. From this hidden facility Martinson constructed the Eidolon, a FrankenMech constructed largely from surplus components manufactured for the Celestial series of OmniMechs.
This plant would remain a secret from the forces of the allied coalition during Operation SCOUR, but the Capellan Confederation learned of its existence; both Capellan and coalition forces attempted to liberate Liberty, but the Capellans stole a march over the forces of Free Worlds Task Force II by mounting a lightning campaign to capture Quentin before agreeing a cease-fire. Then, as negotiations went on, the Capellans dismantled the factory, taking the plans for the design and the critical manufacturing equipment present on Liberty, along with a stockpile of parts to enable them to jump start production. They then reassembled the facility on Capella under the auspices of Ceres Metals Industries and began producing a modified version of the Eidolon under a new name - the Yao Lien.
Martinson Armaments has manufacturing centers on the following planets:
|Components produced on Liberty:|
- Jihad Hot Spots: Terra, p. 134
- Mercenaries Supplemental Update, p. 147, "O-66 "Oppie" HazMat Recovery Vehicle"
- Technical Readout: 3085 Supplemental, p. 30, "YOL-4C Yao Lien"
- Technical Readout: 3060, p. 84, "Produced Initiate Components"
- Technical Readout: 3067, p. 74, "Produced Lightray Components"
- Technical Readout: 3075, p. 74, "Produced Preta Components"
- Technical Readout: 3075, p. 80, "Produced Grigori Components"
- Technical Readout: 3075, p. 84, "Produced Deva Components"
- Technical Readout: 3075, p. 178, "Produced Kyudo Components"
- Technical Readout: 3058 Upgrade, p. 220, "Produced Spartan Components"