- Community Outreach - The Art Of BattleTech, Renegade HPG, And The Remastered BattleTech Cartoon
- Happy Holidays From Sarna!
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For December 2020
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For November 2020
- Did You Know? - There Was A BattleTech Card Game, And It Was Great™
- Read more →
Note: X and Y are coordinates (light years on XY plane) relative to Terra at (0, 0)
McEvans' Sacrifice nearby systems (3151)
|X:Y Coordinates||42.439 : -520.157[e]|
|Recharge time||184 hours|
The McEvans' Sacrifice was initially colonized by refugees from the Reunification War before it was incorporated into the New Colony Region that became significant enough during this period for Inner Sphere nations to begin recording its location. 
The star map in the apocryphal BattleTech (Video Game), set in 3025, states that there is nothing of note on the primary world of McEvans' Sacrifice except for the remains of a crashed colony DropShip. The population of the system was said to be less than 100,000, and that pirates were active in the vicinity. It also notes that there is no record of McEvans' identity or what their sacrifice entailed.
- 2571 - No record 
- 2596 - No record 
- 2750 - No record 
- 2764 - No record 
- 2765 - No record 
- 2786 - No record 
- 2822 - No record 
- 2830 - No record 
- 2864 - No record 
- 3025 - No record 
- 3040 - No record 
- 3050 - No record 
- 3052 - No record 
- 3054 - No record 
- 3057 - No record 
- 3059 - No record 
- 3063 - New Colony Region 
- 3067 - Fronc Reaches 
- 3075 - Fronc Reaches 
- 3079 - Fronc Reaches 
- 3081 - Fronc Reaches 
- 3085 - Fronc Reaches 
- 3130 - Fronc Reaches 
- 3135 - Fronc Reaches 
- 3145 - Fronc Reaches 
McEvans' Sacrifice III
|McEvans' Sacrifice III|
| Jump point
|Moons||2 (Shaw, Southfield)|
|Atmospheric pressure||Standard (Breathable)|
|Equatorial temperature||32°C (Tropical)|
|Highest native life||Mammal|
McEvans' Sacrifice III - more commonly known simply as McEvans' Sacrifice - is the third planet in the system and has two moons named Shaw and Southfield.
While McEvans' Sacrifice was colonized during the Reunification War era, the planet was considered to be a minor agricultural world; it took the formation of the New Colony Region for McEvans' Sacrifice to be considered for wider development, driven by the discovery of large, readily accessible ore deposits. As the population and industrial development on McEvans' Sacrifice expanded, pirate raids increased steadily. The increased threat from pirates led to the presence of numerous small bands of mercenaries being employed to protect the mining camps, and the mercenary population became large enough that it drove its own cottage industries in both gambling and arena fighting.
The arena fights led to semiannual tournaments in which the best MechWarriors fought each other, with the bouts broadcast throughout the Fronc Reaches; however, the rigid timing of the tournaments encouraged pirates to plan their raids to take advantage of when the best of the mercenary opposition was occupied by the bouts. The pirates not only looted the production from the mines, but also stole agricultural goods and engaged in widespread slaving.
By the closing years of the Thirty-first century so many people from McEvans' Sacrifice had been enslaved and carried offworld that the local population referred to themselves as "Sacrifices". The Colonial Marshals didn't participate in the tournaments, and subsequently attracted the greater proportion of the blame from the locals for the success of the pirate raids.
McEvans' Sacrifice draws its name from the heroic efforts of one Angus McEvans, who during the Succession Wars single-handedly fought off a company of raiders in his Banshee, killing the pirate leader by crushing his 'Mech's head. McEvans was grappling with another pirate when his ammunition exploded, killing both him and the pirate, which broke the morale of the rest and sent them fleeing off-world.
Following Dirk McEvans assuming command of the Colonial Marshals, the population of McEvans' Sacrifice became even more bitter towards the Marshals, due to his being the great-great-grandson of Angus McEvans only increasing the perception among the population that the Marshals regarded them as an afterthought when it came to defending the Reaches.
In the aftermath of the Jihad, the pirate bands plaguing the Reaches became organized enough to set up a system for conducting raids that would ensure that their frequent raids didn't overlap in timing or target. The Colonial Marshals decided to enact a plan to seed tempting raid sites with false information, pointing towards a lucrative target on the nearby world of Independence, in an effort to lure some of the pirates into a prepared ambush. On McEvan's Sacrifice, that plan went awry; the large, well-organized pirate band known as the Abominari raided the gem district in Caribou Call in early July 3088. The district was guarded by a number of Colonial Marshals and elements of the planetary militia, but the Abomninari killed the Marshals in combat and the militia fled, leaving the pirates free to plunder the district. The Abominari took their time looting, but failed to find the false intelligence that had been planted in an effort to lure them to Independence. Fortunately for the Reaches - although not for the people of McEvans' Sacrifice - the Abominari were actually operating from a concealed base located near the ambush site on Independence.
The planetary flag of McEvans' Sacrifice is the red silhouette of a Banshee BattleMech against a black background.
- First Fronc Air Wing
- First Fronc Infantry
| Closest 20 systems (13 within 60 light-years)|
Distance in light years, closest systems first:
- Operation Turning Points: Fronc Reaches, p. 4 "Atlas - McEvans' Sacrifice"
- Era Report: 3145, p. 39, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Field Manual: 3145, p. VI, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- The Periphery, 2nd Edition, p. 112, "Magistracy of Canopus & Tortuga Dominions"
- Inner Sphere, p. 98, "Near Periphery Kingdoms Map""
- Era Report: 3062, p. 29, "Inner Sphere Map "
- "BattleTech Video Game"
- Handbook: Major Periphery States, p. 93, Magistracy of Canopus after Age of War, p. 93, "Magistracy of Canopus after Age of War  and fall of the Star League "
- Historical: Reunification War, p. 159, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Era Report: 2750, p. 37, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Field Manual: SLDF, p. vii, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1, p. 11, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- First Succession War, p. 24-25, "Inner Sphere - "
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 2, p. 122-123, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- First Succession War, p. 112-113, "Inner Sphere - 2822"
- Second Succession War, p. 18-19, "Inner Sphere - 2830"
- Second Succession War, p. 78-79, "Inner Sphere - 2864"
- Handbook: Major Periphery States, p. 96, Magistracy of Canopus after Age of War, p. 96, "Magistracy of Canopus after Third Succession War  and after FedCom Civil War "
- The Periphery (sourcebook), p. 157, "Map of the Periphery"
- Historical: War of 3039, p. 133, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Era Report: 3052, p. 11, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Era Report: 3052, p. 23, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Objective Raids, p. 46, "Magistracy of Canopus"
- Era Report: 3062, p. 12, "Inner Sphere Map "
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 43, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents, p. 65, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Field Report: Periphery, p. 20, "Magistracy of Canopus Region Deployment Map - [August 3079]"
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 63, "Inner Sphere Map - [March 3081]"
- Field Manual: 3085, p. vii, "Inner Sphere - October 3085"
- Map of the Inner Sphere 3130
- Era Report: 3145, p. 11, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Operational Turning Points: Fronc Reaches, p. 8, "Periphery Pirate Plague"
- Operational Turning Points: Fronc Reaches, p. 27, "Touchpoint: Pointless Sacrifice"
- Field Manual: 3085, p. 151, "Deployment Table - 3085"
- Field Manual: 3145, p. 203, "Fronc Reaches"
- BattleTech (Video Game)
- Era Report: 2750
- Era Report: 3052
- Era Report: 3062
- Era Report: 3145
- Field Manual: 3085
- Field Manual: 3145
- Field Manual: SLDF
- Field Report: Periphery
- First Succession War
- Handbook: Major Periphery States
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 2
- Historical: Reunification War
- Inner Sphere (sourcebook)
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents
- Jihad: Final Reckoning
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents
- Map of the Inner Sphere 3130
- Objective Raids
- Operational Turning Points: Fronc Reaches
- The Periphery, First Edition
- The Periphery, Second Edition
- Second Succession War