MechWarrior 2: 31st Century Combat/Wolf Trial of Position One
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For August 2020
- MechWarrior 5 DLC, Heroes Of The Inner Sphere, Previewed In Podcasts And Streams
- MechCommander Returns As a MechWarrior 5 Mod
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For July, 2020
- The Evolution Of Long-Range Missiles In BattleTech, or Why You Should Shut Up And Love The LRM-5
- Read more →
MechWarrior, this is a Call to Trial
Your advancement will depend on your combat skill.
Let the fires of battle decide your fate.
Kill or be killed.
Engage and destroy the active star of ‘Mechs to gain one rank and end Trial Phase One. Do not shoot any powered-down ‘Mechs or the Engagement Sphere unless you wish to try for another rank.
If you so choose, upon the completion of Phase One, shoot the Engagement Sphere to engage a second Star of ‘Mechs. A victory in Phase Two will garner you another rank.
Firing upon the Engagement Sphere at any time during Phase One constitutes a challenge and will result in an automatic escalation to Phase Two. Firing upon a powered-down ‘Mech in the arena at any time will be seen as a challenge to that MechWarrior, who will then attack you.
Failure at any time will strip all ranks gained during the trial and is grounds for demotion.
- Current Rank: MechWarrior
- Rank if victorious versus the Phase One Star: Star Commander
- Rank if victorious versus all combatants: Nova Commander
“Decision by trial. Combat be the judge.”
Trial Concluded (Success)
You have displayed skill sufficient to acquire the rank of Star Commander/Nova Commander. The Keshik is pleased.
You are bound by honor to uphold the responsibility of your new post whatever the cost. Only death shall stay you from your given duty.
Trial Concluded (Failure)
You have failed in Trial Combat versus the chosen foe. The Keshik, in their profound displeasure, has seen fit to demote you to your rightful place in the Technician Caste.
Such is the will of the Keshik. Such is the will of the Clan.