- Community Outreach - The Robert N. Charrette Collection
- New Heavy Metal Trailer For HBS’ BattleTech Reveals New ‘Mech: The Bull Shark
- You Can Now Play MechWarrior 2 And MechWarrior 2: Mercenaries On Your Browser... Sort Of
- Talking BattleTech Fiction with Philip A. Lee
- Community Outreach - Tex Talks BattleTech
- Read more →
|X:Y Coordinates||102.876 : -54.593[e]|
|Spectral class||G6V |
|Recharge station(s)||None |
The Mesartim Flag
|System position||3 |
| Jump point
|7 days |
|Highest native life||20%, Reptile |
|Population||2,471,000,000 (3025) |
|HPG (Representative)||B |
Pre-Star League Era
Mesartim was originally an independent world that became swept up in conflicts between the newly-formed Tikonov Grand Union and the Marlette Association in the late 23rd and early 24th centuries. Although Mesartim was claimed by both states at the end of the 23rd century, the Marlette Association was the first to forcibly annex Mesartim, taking the planet along with several others between 2302 and 2306.
With the election of General Diana Chinn to the Tikonov Tetrarchy in 2307, the Tikonov Grand Union began an ambitious gamble against the Marlette Association, and a number of Marlette Association worlds were invaded and annexed in short order. Tikonov Grand Union forces commanded by Diana Chinn conquered Mesartim in December 2308; the world remained in Tikonov Grand Union control until 2344, when the Federated Suns occupied several Tikonov worlds including Mesartim  (which was referred to as Conway by the Federated Suns).
In 2345 the Tikonov Grand Union was forced to sign the Almach Accords, which ceded control of Mesartim and a number of other worlds to the Federated Suns. Reynard recognised Mesartim as an independent member world within the Federated Suns - giving Mesartim a higher standing than it had enjoyed as a member of the Chesterton Trade Worlds under the Grand Union - and founded a number of settlements there.
The Tikonov Grand Union later renounced the Almach Accords in 2363 and attacked a number of Federated Suns worlds, although the Federated Suns was still in control of the Mesartim system when the Tikonov Grand Union joined the Capellan Confederation in July 2367. 
By the end of the Age of War, the Capellan Confederation had recaptured Mesartim along with several other systems, and Mesartim was one of the six systems that formed the Chesterton Commonality in fact, although nine worlds were claimed to be a part of the Chesterton Commonality in name by the Confederation.
Summary of Significant Dates:
- 2300 - Independent system 
- 2302 - 2306 - Marlette Association claims Mesartim 
- 2308 - Tikonov Grand Union recaptures Mesartim 
- 2344 - Federated Suns conquers Mesartim 
- 2345 – Federated Suns gains official control of Mesartim through the Almach Accords
- 2366/2367 - Federated Suns retains control of Mesartim despite formation of the Capellan Confederation 
- 2571 - Capellan Confederation has been in control of Mesartim for an undetermined period when the Star League forms.
- 2596 - Capellan Confederation 
- 2750 - Capellan Confederation 
- 2765 - Capellan Confederation 
Succession Wars Era
The Capellan Confederation retained control of Mesartim during the 1st Succession War despite the protracted conflicts between the Confederation and the Federated Suns around the Chesterton worlds, but lost control of the system during the 2nd Succession War, either to Federated Suns conquest or the concessions of Dainmar Liao.  Sung's Cuirassiers recaptured Mesartim for the Capellan Confederation in 2978, attempting to relieve some of the pressure from the Federated Suns on Tikonov, but the Federated Suns recaptured Mesartim at some point prior to 3023. It was in 3023 that Mesartim is described as a Davion stronghold and was raided by McCarron's Armored Cavalry during their infamous deep raid into Federated Suns space.
Summary of Significant Dates:
- 2786 - Capellan Confederation 
- 2822 - Capellan Confederation has retained control of Mesartim 
- 2864 - Federated Suns controls Mesartim by the end of the 2nd Succession War
- 2978 - Capellan Confederation recaptures Mesartim
- 3023 - Federated Suns stronghold raided by McCarron's Armored Cavalry
- 3025 - Federated Suns is in control of Mesartim at the end of the 3rd Succession War
- 3030 - Federated Suns is shown on maps to be in controls all of the former Chesterton worlds including Mesartim
- 3067 - Federated Suns is shown on maps as being in control of Mesartim
- 3135 - Federated Suns 
- 3145 - Capellan Confederation 
Dark Age Era
- 3130 - Federated Suns controls Mesartim, despite many neighbouring worlds being incorporated into the Republic of the Sphere
The original settlers of Mesartim found a world perfectly suited for growing grapes, and many vineyards were located here. These wines were shipped to the most powerful citizens and enjoyed by those who loved the luxurious life. The fact that it's under the control of the Federated Suns has long been a sore point for the inhabitants of Tikonov. In fact in early 3025 the Prefect of Tikonov, Waldemar Teng, vowed that he would retake the planet from the Federated Suns specifically to return the vineyards to the Confederation.  Unfortunately for Prefect Teng the Fourth Succession War put an end to that plan.
- Eighth Chesterton Cavalry
| Systems within 60 light-years (distance in light years)|
Closest systems first:
|New Rhodes III||39.29||Kansu||40.32||Jonathan||40.85||Conwy||41.97||Valexa||43.15|
- House Liao (The Capellan Confederation), p. 155, "Mesartim"
- House Liao (The Capellan Confederation), p. 21
- House Liao (The Capellan Confederation), p. 22
- House Liao (The Capellan Confederation), p. 23
- Handbook: House Davion, p. 21, "Taking the Initiative"
- House Davion (The Federated Suns), p. 27, "The War Leader"
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 13, "Timeline: Capellan Zone 2367"
- Handbook: House Davion, p. 21, "Pushing Towards Confederation"
- House Liao (The Capellan Confederation), p. 25, "The Aris Crisis"
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 25, "Capellan Confederation after Age of War "
- House Liao (The Capellan Confederation), p. 152, "Chesterton Commonality"
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 17, "Capellan Confederation Founding, 2366"
- Historical: Reunification War, p. 159, "Inner Sphere - 2596"
- Era Report: 2750, p. 37, "Inner Sphere - 2750"
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1, p. 11, "Inner Sphere - 2765"
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 31, "Capellan Confederation after First Succession War "
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 39, "Capellan Confederation after Second Succession War "
- House Liao (The Capellan Confederation), p. 85, "Sung's Cuirassiers"
- House Liao (The Capellan Confederation), p. 54, "McCarron's War"
- House Liao (The Capellan Confederation), p. 95, "McCarron's Armored Cavalry"
- First Succession War (Source Book), p. 25, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- First Succession War (Source Book), p. 113, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 40, "Capellan Confederation after Third Succession War "
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 49, "Capellan Confederation after Fourth Succession War "
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 68, "Capellan Confederation after FedCom Civil War "
- Era Report: 3145, p. 11, "Inner Sphere Map - "
- Era Report: 3145, p. 39, "Inner Sphere Map - "
- Map of the Inner Sphere 3130
- Field Report 2765: Capellan Confederation, p. 7, "Regimental Status"
- Field Report 2765: Capellan Confederation, p. 10, "Regimental Status"
- First Succession War (Source Book), p. 135, "First Succession War Deployment Table - CCAF"
- Era Report: 2750
- Era Report: 3145
- Field Report 2765: Capellan Confederation
- First Succession War
- Handbook: House Davion
- Handbook: House Liao
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1
- Historical: Reunification War
- House Davion (The Federated Suns)
- House Liao (The Capellan Confederation)
- Map of the Inner Sphere 3130