- This article is about the Chancellor of the Capellan Confederation. For the Du Shi Wang-class WarShip, see Mica Liao (Individual Du Shi Wang-class WarShip).
|Mica Gabriel Liao|
|Profession||Chancellor of the Capellan Confederation|
Mica Gabriel Liao was the sister of Kalvin Liao and eleventh Chancellor of the Capellan Confederation.
She was raised on New Avalon under an assumed name. Her brother, who had started in 2528 the Second Andurien War with his sights set on winning the world and the daughter of its Duke descended further into insanity as the years passed, and when a member of the Red Lancers assassinated Kalvin, Mica wasted little time in signing the peace treaty brokered by Hegemony Director Deborah Cameron once again ceding Andurien to the League.
Under Mica Liao's reign the House of Scions gained the power to review legislation enacted by the Prefectorate and approve or disallow it. She made sure however that this power didn't extend to reviewing the Chancellor's decrees.
|“||Tyrants seldom come to us openly, hands dripping with the blood of innocent victims. More often than not they appear as tireless friends of the people, individual receptacles of virtue, ready to save us from ourselves. Let it be recalled, however, that the King's Justice is just as often the proud foot of the oppressor. In the end, we ourselves are to blame for receiving him with open arms; in the end, we have deceived ourselves.||”|
|— Chancellor Mica Liao, excerpt from inauguration speech, 2530|
- House Liao (The Capellan Confederation), foldout: "Liao Family Tree"
- Era Digest: Age of War, p. 9: "Second Andurien War (2528-2531)"
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 92
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 93
- House Liao (The Capellan Confederation), p. 42: "The Sundermanns"