Michaelson Heavy Industries
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For July, 2021
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For June, 2021
- Community Outreach - The Cauldron's Bear_cl4w and Krasnopesky Talk MechWarrior Online
- MechWarrior Online's Renaissance Is All Thanks To The Developers Putting Players In Charge
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For May, 2021
- Read more →
|Michaelson Heavy Industries|
|Primary Site(s)|| June|
|Primary Products|| VTOLs|
Michaelson Heavy Industries was a smaller military contractor that specialized in VTOLs. It was headquartered on Ruchbah.
Michaelson Heavy Industries was created in the Twenty-ninth century by the city of Michaelson on Ruchbah. The city government recovered from the devastation of the first two Succession Wars by taking control of many idle factories and employing citizens in a socialist plan. This allowed the new company to flourish, and the company quickly took control of the city itself. They produced a variety of products for the civilian market, including heavy construction equipment, VTOLs, and tools used by military and civilian technicians and engineers. The company ran for nearly a century under the socialized plan, but in the late Thirtieth century the company began trading stocks on public exchanges. This brought in a great deal of capital which allowed Michaelson to repair its factories and expand into military production. In 3051 they offered several different combat VTOLs to the AFFS, and by 3061 it was producing a total of five combat VTOLs.
After Operation GUERRERO sundered the Federated Commonwealth, orders for Michaelson's products increased dramatically. Much of this success came at the expense of Cal-Boeing of Dorwinion, who had been the AFFS' preferred VTOL manufacturer to that time.
Michaelson Heavy Industries found itself nearly bankrupt in the aftermath of the Jihad, leading to it selling technology to Brooks Incorporated which Brooks Inc. then used to develop the Aeron Strike VTOL. Brooks Inc. were far from the only company to benefit from Michaelson's dire financial straits, which were entirely due to the Word of Blake blockade of Ruchbah, the homeworld for Michaelon Heavy Industries. A large part of the intellectual property owned by Michaelson was sold to other companies as Michaelson tried to stay afloat, but this also resulted in the marketplace rapidly filling with copies of their own vehicles produced by other companies, putting yet more pressure on Michaelson.
A financial lifeline for Michaelson in the early 3080s came from the Republic of the Sphere when Michaelson entered a design for a new battle armor transport for the Republic Armed Forces. Although Michaelson nearly passed on the procurement competition, the decision by Michaelson to focus on the mobility requirement of the contract rather than the carrying capacity requirement saw their design accepted over all of the competitors, leading to production orders for the Trireme in three different variants as the major battle armor transport platform for the RAF.
Michaelson's Hawk Moth II Gunship was introduced to the marked in 3112. Jointly developed and produced with Victory Conditions Industries it bears little resembles to its highly successful pre-Jihad namesake the Hawk Moth Gunship.
Michaelson Heavy Industries has manufacturing centers on the following planets:
|Components produced on June:|
|Bishop Transport VTOL||VTOL (since 3118)|
|MHI Amphibious APC||Combat Vehicle (since 3102)|
|MHI Defense AA Tank||Combat Vehicle (since 3106)|
|Michaelson Fuel Cell||Bishop Transport VTOL|
|Armor - BattleMechs & Vehicles|
|StarSlab Civic 8||Bishop Transport VTOL|
|StarSlab/7 Heavy Ferro-Fibrous||MHI Defense AA Tank|
|Garret Supremesound||Bishop Transport VTOL|
|Components produced on Terra:|
|Hawk Moth II Gunship||VTOL (Since 3112)|
|Hawk Moth II Gunship (MML)||VTOL (Since 3114)|
|Hawk Moth II Gunship (Sniper)||VTOL (Since 3113)|
|MHI Amphibious APC ||Combat Vehicle (since 3101)|
|MHI Defense AA Tank||Combat Vehicle (since 3106)|
|Michaelson 135 XL||Hawk Moth II|
|Armor - FF - BattleMechs & Vehicles|
|StarSlab/7 Heavy Ferro-Fibrous||MHI Defense AA Tank & Hawk Moth II|
- Handbook: House Davion, p. 167
- Chaos March (sourcebook), p. 48
- Handbook: House Davion, p. 164
- Technical Readout: 3085 Supplemental, p. 12
- Technical Readout: 3085 Supplemental, p. 22, "Trireme Infantry Transport
- Technical Readout: 3145 Republic of the Sphere, pp. 24 MHI Defense AA Tank - Tank's list of factory it is built from include Terra.
- Technical Readout: 3145 Republic of the Sphere, p. 18 MHI Amphibious APC - MHI Amphibious APC is included in vehicles produced on Terra and else where by 3145.
- Technical Readout: 3145 Mercenaries, p. 22-23, "Bishop Transport VTOL"
- Technical Readout: 3145 Republic of the Sphere, p. 12, "Hawk Moth II Gunship"
- Handbook: House Davion, p. 167, "Michaelson Heavy Industries Profile"
- Technical Readout: 3058 Upgrade, p. 62, "Produced Cavalry Components"
- Technical Readout: 3060, p. 14, "Produced Hawk Moth Components"
- Technical Readout: 3060, p. 10, "Produced Mantis Components"
- Technical Readout: 3058 , p. 8, "Produced Sprint Components"
- Technical Readout: 3058 Upgrade, p. 54, "Produced Sprint Components"
- Technical Readout: 3058 Upgrade, p. 74, "Produced Yellow Jacket Components"
- Technical Readout: 3085 Supplemental, p. 22 - Trireme noted being produced by Michaelson.
- Experimental Technical Readout: Republic, Volume 1, p. 13 - Hexareme noted being developed by Michaelson.