Military District (Draconis Combine)
Throughout its history, the Draconis Combine has been divided into Military Districts, named for the capital world of each region. Military Districts are nearly identical to Government Districts, sharing the same name and almost the same territory. However, there are a few planets which fall into separate Military and Government Districts; on these worlds accomplishing anything can be a bureaucratic nightmare. Each Government District is led by a Duke (or District Governor) who handles administration, while real decision-making power is usually held by the Military District commander, a Tai-shu or Warlord.
Current Military Districts
- Pesht Military District - the Combine's hinterland and site of the capital Luthien.
- New Samarkand Military District (formerly Galedon Military District) - the birthplace of the Combine.
- Benjamin Military District - centrally located but often considered a backwater source of reserves for other fronts.
- Dieron Military District - formed after the fall of the Star League, Dieron bordered both of the Combine's enemies and saw heavy fighting. Relinquished to the Republic of the Sphere, it was later reestablished in 3135.
- Buckminster Military District - that includes at least the Buckminster Prefecture
Former Military Districts
- Rasalhague Military District - formerly the Principality of Rasalhague, this vassal state was incorporated as a Military District in 2510. After centuries of rebellion against House Kurita, the District was granted its independence in 3034 as the Free Rasalhague Republic.
- Alshain Military District - formed in 3034 from a handful of the Rasalhague District's worlds. It was almost completely conquered during the Clan Invasion by Clans Ghost Bear and Smoke Jaguar. The remaining worlds were folded into Benjamin Military District.
- House Kurita (The Draconis Combine), p. 97, "Government Districts"
- Era Report: 3145, p. 38 (Inner Sphere map)
- Era Report: 3145, p. 16
- Era Report: 3145, p. 39, "Inner Sphere Map - "
- Field Manual: 3145, p. VI, "Inner Sphere - 3145"