- Your BattleTech News Roundup For August, 2021
- Sarna Interviews Ray Arrastia, BattleTech Line Developer At Catalyst Games
- Community Outreach - Converting HBS’s BATTLETECH Campaign To Tabletop With Riley Centrella
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For July, 2021
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For June, 2021
- Read more →
Missile boats are identified by their function as providers of heavy, long-range fire support, whereby they attack the enemy from a protective distance with indirect fire. In order to either protect the missile boat or take full advantage of its mission, skirmishers and strikers generally close with the targeted enemy units, while the fire-support launches from behind full cover, such as a hill. Generally comprised of BattleMechs or heavy combat vehicles, they tend to operate on their own or with defensive support nearby, in order to avoid close-quarters fighting. They are functionally similar to the sniper role, though with the primary armament being indirect.
Game Description: Alpha Strike
- Classic BattleTech Introductory Rulebook, pp. 51-53
- Campaign Operations, p. 58, "Missile Boat"
- Alpha Strike Companion, p. 135, "Missile Boat"