- "Mech Merc Company" - A Love Letter To MechWarrior 2, Now On Steam Early Access
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For April 2020
- What ‘Mech Would You Survive The Coronavirus Outbreak In?
- MechCombat from Ralph H. Reed
- Catalyst, Coronavirus, And Clan Invasions - Interview With BattleTech Art Director Brent Evans
- Read more →
|Unit Profile (as of 3095)|
|CO||Major Shamus Mitchell|
It is not known when Mitchell's Nighthawks were formed, but on 3095, after the Jihad, the unit was contracted by the planet Westover to track and destroy the pirate band Hades Brotherhood that had been raiding Westover every six to seven months.
The mercenaries' fight was spirited and ended with the destruction of the attacker's forces: the pirate Overlord-class DropShip Brotherhood Two and half the enemy fighters (one of them piloted by a wanted Word of Blake war criminal piloting a HMR-HD Hammerhead aerospace fighter in particular, the former Precentor Yousoke Sendai). The other three enemy pirate fighters surrendered after that.
Westover's government accepted the pirate's dropship destruction as a fullfilment of their contract. For their actions, the unit was awarded the three surrendered fighters and also gave them picking on the rest of the salvage. This would allow Mitchell's Nighthawks to cover their losses, at least partially.
|Commanding Officers of Mitchell's Nighthawks|
|Major||Shamus "Nighthawk" Mitchell||3095|
- 2x Leopard CV: DropShips SunHawk and StarHawk
- 2 Squadrons of fighters:
- BattleCorps Scenarios: Bat out of Hell