Mitchell Vehicles Interstellar
|Mitchell Vehicles Interstellar|
Formed in 2108 through the merger of three North American automobile manufacturers and controlled by the Mitchell family of Graham IV, Mitchell Vehicles slowly became an important manufacturer of JumpShips, DropShips, aerospace fighters, combat vehicles and BattleMechs for the Terran Hegemony's Hegemony Armed Forces and Star League Defense Forces regular and royal units.
While Mitchell Vehicles Interstellar was a well-established manufacturer of BattleMechs and Combat Vehicles by the mid-twenty-seventh century, the decline in conflict and in arms sales following the close of the Reunification War left the company faced with the difficult prospect of having to diversify if it was to continue growing. It was this which led Mitchell Vehicles to begin entering other markets, beginning with the AeroSpace market, with their first entry – the Hellcat aerospace fighter–entering service in 2671, and further expansion and diversification following.
During the Good Years of the Star League, Mitchell could boast more than two hundred factories and shipyards divided between Terra, Mars, Venus, New Earth and the company's homeworld of Graham IV, the intensely patriotic company never breaching the Hegemony's restrictions on the release of advanced technology outside its borders and building no facilities in foreign realms.
This decision ultimately doomed the company with the Amaris coup and First Succession War obliterating its headquarters and factories, the bones picked clean by the Successor States. The satellite faculties on Terra were also slagged, but ComStar founder Jerome Blake ordered them rebuilt and mothballed as a precaution against future aggression by the Succession Lords, the production lines finally reopened as part of the Word of Blake's massive rebuilding and expansion of their Militia.
After the Star League Defense Force recaptured Graham IV from Stefan Amaris' forces, Mitchell Vehicles was awarded the contract for manufacturing the Shogun, an assault 'Mech based on a set of requirements from the late twenty-sixth century that had never entered the design stage because of the manufacture and proliferation of the Stalker, which filled much the same role. The Shogun entered its design phase in 2771, and was intended to be more maneuverable and survivable than the Stalker, whilst sharing a number of common components - particularly the engine and gyroscope. The Shogun might have supplanted the Stalker in time, but Mitchell Vehicles only had time to produce eight production runs prior to the Exodus, and then a few more runs prior to the destruction of the factories on Graham IV in the First Succession War.
Mitchell Vehicles has manufacturing centers on the following planets:
The Mitchell Vehicles complex on Terra is situated in North America. The site produced the Shootist during the Star League Era, the Word of Blake reactivated the mothballed site after they captured Terra.
When Coalition forces assaulted Terra in 3079, the Mitchell Vehicles plants were struck by chemical and biological agents. Though they were apparently left intact, the cleanup effort would take time and money. By 3085 however, the plant was running a Prowler production line for the Republic of the Sphere.
- Technical Readout: 3075, p. 188, "Produced Hellcat Components"
- Historical: Operation KLONDIKE, p. 170-171, "SHG-2H Shogun"
- Technical Readout: 3067, p. 64, "BLF-21 Blue Flame"
- Jihad Hot Spots: Terra, p. 134
- Technical Readout: 3085 Supplemental, p. 14
- Technical Readout: 3067, p. 64, "Produced Blue Flame Components"
- Technical Readout: 3058 Upgrade, p. 218, "Produced Shootist Components"
- Technical Readout: 3067, p. 84, "Produced White Flame Components"
- Technical Readout: 3075, p. 182, "Produced Helepolis Components and note of factory destruction"
- Technical Readout: 3050 Revised, p. 51, "Produced Mercury 'Mech Components"
- Technical Readout: 3075, p. 180, "Produced Galahad Components"
- Technical Readout: 3050 Upgrade, p. 96, "Produced Shogun Components"
- Technical Readout: 3050 Upgrade, p. 166, "Produced Kanga Components"
- Technical Readout: 3050 Upgrade, p. 236, "Produced Hellcat II Components"
- Experimental Technical Readout: Gunslingers, p. 14, "HCT-213BC Hellcat II Herman"
- Technical Readout: 3057 Revised, p. 224, "Note of Luxor Production"
- Technical Readout: 3075, p. 224, "Note of Colossus Production"
- Technical Readout: 3025 Revised, p. 6, "Produced Mercury Components"
- Technical Readout: 2750, p. 128, "Produced Essex Components"
- Experimental Technical Readout: Gunslingers
- Historical: Operation KLONDIKE
- Jihad Hot Spots: Terra
- The Star League
- Technical Readout: 2750
- Technical Readout: 3025 Revised
- Technical Readout: 3026 Revised
- Technical Readout: 3050
- Technical Readout: 3057 Revised
- Technical Readout: 3058 Upgrade
- Technical Readout: 3067
- Technical Readout: 3075
- Technical Readout: 3085 Supplemental