- Your BattleTech News Roundup For March, 2021
- MechWarrior 5 Is On Steam & Catalyst Is Having A Sourcebook Sale
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For February, 2021
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For January, 2021
- Community Outreach - The Art Of BattleTech, Renegade HPG, And The Remastered BattleTech Cartoon
- Read more →
|Mithras Light Tank|
|Armor||Compound Alpha Ferro-Fibrous|
|Communications System||Consolidated BMR 6c|
|Targeting Tracking System||TRTTS Mark II CWS|
The Mithras Light Tank is a combat vehicle that was originally intended to be a scout in addition to its place on the battlefield as a swift, light tank that is capable at all ranges. Its usefulness as a reconnaissance vehicle has been reduced with faster vehicles that field more advanced electronics. Capable of speeds up to 97 km/h, the Mithras can keep up with most units, while still providing respectable firepower with decent armor. Though that protection is only three tons worth, it is improved through the use of Ferro-Fibrous technology.
Weapons and Equipment
For use at long range, the Mithras has a Type 25 Ultra Autocannon/2 mounted in a turret for maximum field of fire. Two Series 2b ER Medium Lasers provide additional firepower at short range in case an enemy makes it in under the minimum range of the autocannon. One of these is in the turret, while the other is located in the front.
- This is the Jihad era variant of the Mithras, which revamps the vehicle's weaponry. A Clan Extended-Range Large Laser is installed in the turret. The original's light autocannon is replaced by an AP Gauss Rifle and it is mounted front with 40 rounds of ammunition. A Targeting Computer is added to the vehicle to provide more accurate aiming for its gunnery crews. BV (2.0) = 750
Original Mithras from TRO:3060
- MUL online date for the Mithras
- Combat Operations, p. 108
- Record Sheets: 3060, p. 25
- Technical Readout: 3060, pp. 42-43, "Mithras Vehicle Profile"
- Record Sheets: 3060 Unabridged, p. 65
- Record Sheets: 3060 Unabridged, p. 66