- Community Outreach - Tex Talks BattleTech
- Clan Invasion Approaches $2 Million Stretch Goal, Teases UrbanMech Plushie
- What’s up with Catalyst? at GenCon 2019
- MechWarrior 5 Confirmed As Epic Games Store Exclusive
- Clan Invasion Boxed Set Funded In 7 Freakin’ Minutes, Catalyst Frantically Throwing Up Stretch Goals
- Read more →
|Manufacturer||Star League Defense Industries|
|Mission||Mobile Command Post|
|Armor||StarSlab/4 Standard Armor|
|Speed||97 kph km/h|
|Communications System||TharHes HQ CommSet|
|Targeting Tracking System||Diplan-IX SideSweeper|
Mobile Headquarter vehicles were first developed by Star League Defense Industries of Mars for the Star League Defense Force. These vehicles were utilized for large scale planetary operations, compiling data reported in by various means to coordinate their assigned forces during operations.
Since the destruction of Mobile HQ's manufacturing plant in 2767 during the Amaris Coup, the vehicle's numbers have declined. With the lack of replacement parts and the Succession Wars' brutal fighting, the vehicle's equipment became irreplaceable. Mobile HQs were prime targets for capture or destruction, and those that survived often suffered damage to their equipment. By the time of the early thirty-first century, many of the few Mobile HQs still remaining in service to the Great Houses are only partially operational, with most of the equipment replaced by more conventional means of tracking and coordinating forces. Some vehicles were gutted of their remaining functional equipment, which was installed in smaller command vans. Despite the drop in capability, these remaining Mobile HQs are still prized by military organizations, with many commands attempting to capture them intact when the opportunity arises. When the Wolf's Dragoons first appeared in the Inner Sphere, they were notable for possessing five seemingly brand new and fully operational Mobile HQs.
Weapons and Equipment
The Mobile Headquarters is armed with a single turret-mounted medium laser for self-defense purposes. It also has a half-ton of cargo space.
When fully operational, a Mobile HQ is equipped with a large computer-generated holographic map table, tied into a sophisticated battle computer and advanced communications gear. Information from orbiting spacecraft and field reports is gathered and projected as a three-dimensional image on the map table with enough detail to show individual troop members. This data can also be fed into the computer, which predicts future movements and offers suggestions to the commander. The communications gear is staffed by three officers, able to receive and dispatch orders through heavy electronic jamming. Communication is achieved through a roof mounted collapsible antenna, capable of contacting even distant JumpShips, and a second directional antenna which doubles as side-look radar. The Mobile HQ's communications gear weighs in at 7 tons.
- Large Laser
- Another Succession Wars era variant where the Medium Laser is exchanged for a Large Laser. The vehicle's communication gear is reduced to 3 tons. BV (2.0) = 436
- Internal Combustion Engine
- The loss of technology during the Succession Wars led to many Mobile Headquarters giving up their Omni Fusion engines to light BattleMechs in exchange for Internal Combustion Engines. This variant also has to carry a power amplifier and generators to allow its Laser and communications equipment to function.
- Daimyo HQ Vehicle - Draconis Combine Command Vehicle.
The ICE variant of the Mobile HQ only appeared in the TRO: 3039. A record sheet for the vehicle was never produced.
- MUL online date for the Mobile HQ
- Technical Readout: 3025 Revised page 34 - Mobile HQ - Remaining functional equipment shifted to smaller vehicles.
- Technical Readout: 3039 page 32 - Variants - Technology recovery has made revived the Mobile HQ numbers.
- Technical Readout: 3039 - Variants - Internal Combustion Engine Powered Variant mentioned.