- Community Outreach - Tex Talks BattleTech
- Clan Invasion Approaches $2 Million Stretch Goal, Teases UrbanMech Plushie
- What’s up with Catalyst? at GenCon 2019
- MechWarrior 5 Confirmed As Epic Games Store Exclusive
- Clan Invasion Boxed Set Funded In 7 Freakin’ Minutes, Catalyst Frantically Throwing Up Stretch Goals
- Read more →
|Morrigu Fire Support Vehicle|
|Manufacturer||York Vehicle Y2 Facility|
|Communications System||Consolidated Type 2M w/ECM Suite|
|Targeting Tracking System||Consolidated Type V TTS|
The Morrigu Fire Support Vehicle was designed by Clan Blood Spirit to put as much fire into enemies as possible from as far away as possible. To do this, the Morrigu utilizes the efficient weapons favored by the Spirits, most famously on the Blood Kite. It is named after a Celtic goddess of war.
The fire support vehicle eschews the traditionally meager amounts of armor on Clan combat vehicles, instead utilizing thirteen tons of Compound JX4. Since it is supposed to engage its enemies at range, the Morrigu is only capable of attaining 54 km/h. For added defense, an ECM Suite scrambles most enemy electronics.
Weapons and Equipment
True to the specifications Blood Spirit engineers have stuck to for over a century, the Morrigu is an inexpensive vehicle that does not use extravagant weapons. Pairs of Series 1 ER Large Lasers and Type XV "Crossbow" LRM-15s put an impressive amount of fire downrange. Their inclusion in a turret ensures that they can used against targets at all angles. Protecting the flanks are a pair of Pattern J1 SRM-2s.
- MUL online date for the Morrigu
- Combat Operations, p. 110
- Technical Readout: 3067, pp. 38-39, "Morrigu"
- Record Sheets: 3067 Unabridged, p. 54
- Record Sheets: 3067 Unabridged, p. 56
- Record Sheets: 3067 Unabridged, p. 55