Muphrid nearby systems
|X:Y Coordinates||-27.402 : 15.207[e]|
|Recharge time||190 hours|
Note: X and Y are coordinates (light years on XY plane) relative to Terra at (0, 0)
- 1 Political Affiliation
- 2 Muphrid II
- 3 Map Gallery
- 4 Nearby Systems
- 5 Notes
- 6 References
- 7 Bibliography
- 2271 - Terran Alliance 
- 2319 - Terran Hegemony 
- 2341 - Terran Hegemony 
- 2366 - Terran Hegemony 
- 2571 - Terran Hegemony 
- 2596 - Terran Hegemony 
- 2750 - Terran Hegemony 
- 2764 - Terran Hegemony 
- 2765 - Terran Hegemony 
- 2767 - Amaris Empire 
- 2771 - Amaris Empire 
- 2774 - Amaris Empire 
- 2786 - Terran Hegemony 
- 2822 - Lyran Commonwealth 
- 3025 - Lyran Commonwealth 
- 3030 - Lyran Commonwealth 
- 3040 - Federated Commonwealth 
- 3050 - Federated Commonwealth 
- 3052 - Federated Commonwealth 
- 3057 - Lyran Alliance 
- 3063 - Lyran Alliance 
- 3067 - Lyran Alliance 
- 3068 - Word of Blake Protectorate (from October)
- 3075 - Word of Blake Protectorate 
- 3079 - Word of Blake Protectorate 
- 3081 - Republic of the Sphere 
- 3085 - Republic of the Sphere 
- 3135 - Republic of the Sphere 
- 3145 - Republic of the Sphere 
- 3150 - Clan Jade Falcon (from November) 
- 3151 - Clan Jade Falcon 
|Moons||2 (Argeni, Insada)|
|Atmospheric pressure||Standard (Breathable)|
|Equatorial temperature||50°C (Warm-Temperate)|
|Highest native life||Fish|
|Reference Year||3067 - 3130|
|Ruler||Duke Raymond Fritz (3067)|
Raymond Fritz, Governor (3130) - 3135)
Gerhardt O'Malloy, Legate (3130)
Blessed with mild seasons, expansive seas and fertile soil that led to thick vegetation developing on the major landmasses, Muphrid has three major continents in the temperate zone: MacArthur, Ridgeway and Shamrock. Of the three continents MacArthur lies furthest south, whilst Shamrock is in the northeast; to the west of Shamrock is Ridgeway. The northwestern coast of Shamrock is covered in thick forests and rolling hills, and is rich in precious metals. The eastern region of Shamrock is dominated by mountains kept perpetually in winter, while the southern portion of Shamrock is covered in jungle.
In contrast with Shamrock, the continent of Ridgeway is dominated by two distinct regions; one half of the continent consists of large agricultural sectors, while the remainder consists of gravel mines and pits. The third continent, MacArthur, lies mostly in the equator and is dominated by thick jungle.
Muphrid also has a humid equatorial belt with wide stretches of teeming jungles.
Settled within a few months of the colonization of the nearby world of Thorin, Muphrid was one of the first worlds to be colonized by humanity. Drawing on Thorin's example, Muphrid enacted strict zoning laws to preserve Muphrid's natural beauty, carefully limiting industrial expansion. The continent of MacArthur was declared to be a low-technology area and would remain almost completely untamed, with the few settlements there devoted to farming, logging and fishing; the continent would continue to be largely dominated by thick, untouched jungles thereafter.
The settlers designated Shamrock as the industrial region of Muphrid, while Ridgeway was exploited for both mining and agriculture. The zoning laws put in place influenced the development of the settlements on each continent; Ridgeway went on to develop smaller towns than the cities of Shamrock. and those towns would be a mixture of settlements dedicated to granite and ore mining or a mix of agricultural communities and ranches.
Muphrid was one of the worlds that remained a part of the Terran Alliance following the Outer Reaches Rebellion and the Demarcation Declaration of 2242, and became one of the worlds within the Alliance Core region of the Terran Hegemony.
The Star League
The Star League Defense Force established a number of Castles Brian on Muphrid, but those hidden complexes that survived the Amaris Civil War were destroyed during or just after the fall of the Star League. Despite the destruction of the various military fortresses rumors would persist for centuries that the Star League had hidden a research facility deep in the jungles of MacArthur, and innumerable groups of explorers would launch expeditions into the jungles in pursuit of the facility and the secrets it might hold.
FedCom Civil War
In mid-3062 Lyran General of the Armies Nondi Steiner deployed two battalions of the Fifteenth Arcturan Guards to Muphrid, while deploying the third battalion to nearby Thorin as part of efforts to head off discontent and a potential civil uprising within the Federated Commonwealth's Freedom Theater. Tensions continued to mount on Thorin, with revolution breaking out on the 8th of December after the death of prominent journalist - who also happened to be the brother of Leutnant-Colonel Archer Christifori, commander of the militia on Thorin and war hero.
Deadlocked on Thorin, Colonel Felix Blucher of the Fifteenth dispatched orders in early January 3063 for the Guards' second battalion to relocate from Muphrid to Thorin. Tipped off by informants, Chritifori deployed and led a strike team to Muphrid. Christifori's 'Mechs and DropShips landed very close to the Guards' second battalion at the Calenaton Spaceport, allowing him to quickly destroy one of the battalion's three grounded DropShips. After the Guards surrendered, Christifori spent two weeks preparing and then took his forces back to Thorin, this time using the two surviving DropShips from the Guards' second battalion. Christifori then used those DropShips in a gambit against Blucher that led to Blucher's surrender on the 2nd of February 3063. As part of the agreement, Blucher left his equipment behind on Thorin, took his troops to Muprhid to rejoin the Guards' third battalion, and then withdraw all of his forces to Lyons.
Muphrid was incorporated into the Word of Blake Protectorate by conquest on the 7th of October 3068; the Word of Blake forces responsible for conquering Muphrid allegedly used tactical nuclear weapons to secure their hold on the planet. Despite the use of nuclear weapons the majority of the damage inflicted by the Blakists was limited to the capital and a number of major cities.
By the end of December 3079 Muphrid was one of more than twenty planets to have suffered an outbreak of the Redburn Virus, and one of eight to suffer from an infection rate of more than 150 out of every 100,000 people, as well as a mortality rate of more than 30 per 100,000 from the virus.
The Dark Age
During the Dark Age the population of Muphrid repaired the majority of the damage inflicted on their world during the Jihad, and the world continued to retain much of its natural splendor, while the population continued their lives as they had always done. Memorials to those who fell defending the planet against the Blakists were erected in the capital city of New Dublin as well as in Calenaton, Mechanicsburg and Port MacArthur.
Following the Blackout Muphrid was isolated from the Inner Sphere at large until 3149 by Fortress Republic. After the Wall was dropped Muphrid fell to Clan Jade Falcon in November 3150 during Malvina Hazen's dash for Terra.  
3068 to 3070
|Closest 84 systems (82 within 60 light-years)|
Distance in light years, closest systems first:
|Tau Ceti||19.3||Denebola||19.8||Xi Ursae Majoris||20.1||Summer||20.2|
|Unukalhai||57.7||La Blon||57.8||Epsilon Eridani||58.5||Lambrecht||58.9|
In German products the planet's proper name was altered to Murphrid. The reason is unclear, since the common German transliteration from the star system's traditional Arab name mufrad ar-rāmiḥ would be Mufrid. The error appears for the first time in FanPro's 1995 original publication Atlas der Inneren Sphäre and replicates for instance throughout all German translations of BattleTech novels around FedCom Civil War, in which the planet is repeatedly mentioned.
- Dark Age: Republic Worlds (3130), p. 244, "Muphrid"
- FedCom Civil War (sourcebook), p. 200, "Muphrid"
- Handbook: House Marik, p. 16, "Free Worlds League Founding "
- Handbook: House Kurita, p. 18, "Draconis Combine Founding - 2319"
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 13, "Lyran Commonwealth Founding "
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 17, "Capellan Confederation Foundation "
- Handbook: House Marik, p. 24, "Free Worlds League after Age of War "
- Historical: Reunification War, p. 159, "Inner Sphere - 2596"
- Era Report: 2750, p. 37, "Inner Sphere - 2750"
- Field Manual: SLDF, p. vii, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1, p. 11, "Inner Sphere - 2765"
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1, p. 104, "Rim Worlds Republic -  Map"
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1, p. 138, "Operation LIBERATION Wave 1 [July 2772 - December 2774]"
- First Succession War (Source Book), pp. 24-25, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 36, "Lyran Commonwealth after First Succession War "
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 2, p. 122-123, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- First Succession War (Source Book), pp. 112-113, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- House Kurita (The Draconis Combine), p. 132, "District and Prefecture Boundaries of Kurita Space"
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 47, "Lyran Commonwealth after Third Succession War -  Map"
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 56, "Lyran Commonwealth after Fourth Succession War -  Map"
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 59, "Lyran Commonwealth after War of 3039 "
- Historical: War of 3039, p. 133, "Inner Sphere - 3040"
- Era Report: 3052, p. 10, Inner Sphere  Map
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 61, "Lyran Commonwealth after Clan Invasion -  Map"
- Era Report: 3052, p. 22-23, "Inner Sphere Map "
- Era Report: 3062, p. 10-11, "Inner Sphere Map "
- Era Report: 3062, p. 28-29, "Inner Sphere Map "
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 70, "Lyran Commonwealth after FedCom Civil War -  Nao"
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 42-43, "Inner Sphere - October 3067"
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 46, "The Jihad In Review"
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents, p. 64-65, "Inner Sphere Map "
- Field Report: Clans, p. 29, "Terran Corridor/Clans Deployment Map - August 3079"
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 62-63, "Inner Sphere - March 3081"
- Field Manual: 3085, p. VII, "Inner Sphere Map - [October 3085]"
- Era Report: 3145, p. 9, "Inner Sphere - 3135"
- Era Report: 3145, p. 38, "Inner Sphere - 3145"
- Field Manual: 3145, p. VI, "Inner Sphere - 3145"
- Shattered Fortress, p. 101, "Timeline of Events: 3146-3150" - Muphrid one of "three Republic worlds" seized by the Jade Falcons
- Shattered Fortress, p. 103, "Inner Sphere - 3151" (Map)
- Dark Age: Republic of the Sphere, p. 22 "Prefecture IX"
- 3135 PDA Journals, p. 48 "31 May 3135"
- Field Manual: SLDF, p. 197, "30th Jump Infantry Division"
- Dark Age Republic Worlds (3130), p. 253, "Thorin"
- FedCom Civil War, p. 34-35, "Thorin"
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 13, "Plagued By Blake"
- First Succession War (Source Book), p. 139, "First Succession War Deployment Table - LCAF"
- Call of Duty, Ch. 3
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents, p. 110, "Word of Blake Mercenary Deployments"
- 3135 PDA Journals
- Call of Duty (novel)
- Dark Age: Republic of the Sphere
- Dark Age: Republic Worlds (3130)
- Era Report: 2750
- Era Report: 3052
- Era Report: 3062
- Era Report: 3145
- FedCom Civil War (sourcebook)
- Field Manual: 3085
- Field Manual: 3145
- Field Manual: SLDF
- Field Report: Clans
- First Succession War (Source Book)
- Handbook: House Kurita
- Handbook: House Marik
- Handbook: House Steiner
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 2
- Historical: Reunification War
- Historical: War of 3039
- House Kurita (The Draconis Combine)
- Jihad: Final Reckoning
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents
- Shattered Fortress