- Your BattleTech News Roundup For March, 2021
- MechWarrior 5 Is On Steam & Catalyst Is Having A Sourcebook Sale
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For February, 2021
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For January, 2021
- Community Outreach - The Art Of BattleTech, Renegade HPG, And The Remastered BattleTech Cartoon
- Read more →
|Mech type||Mixed-tech BattleMech|
|Armor||Standard Composition A|
|Engine||Core Tek 275|
|Communications System||CCC T-45|
|Targeting Tracking System||CCC D4.1j|
|Heat Sinks||14 Double Heat Sinks|
The Naja was created by Clan Cloud Cobra to take advantage of the Clan's new improved missile launchers. By using the Kintaro chassis engineers were able to quickly put the 'Mech into production, a key consideration as the Cobras were trying to build up their touman quickly. The Naja was very popular with the Cobras but other Clans didn't use it frequently. In fact they would often trade captured Najas back to the Cloud Cobras. After the Cobras decided to focus on their aerospace arm, the Naja was largely removed from service.
Weapons and Equipment
The Naja was built around a combination of long and short range missile launchers. The Clan spec LRM-20 provides most of the firepower, while at close range the Improved SRM-6s and SRM-4s can unleash a deadly barrage of missiles. Protected by twelve tons of standard armor plate, the Naja is heavily armored. All the ammunition is protected by Clan CASE. A pair of ER Medium Lasers and an ER Small Laser round out the Naja's arsenal.
- Kintaro - The predecessor design that led to the Naja.
- Technical Readout: Golden Century, p. 22
- Technical Readout: Golden Century, p. 23
- Technical Readout: Golden Century, p. 89