- Your BattleTech News Roundup For August 2020
- MechWarrior 5 DLC, Heroes Of The Inner Sphere, Previewed In Podcasts And Streams
- MechCommander Returns As a MechWarrior 5 Mod
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For July, 2020
- The Evolution Of Long-Range Missiles In BattleTech, or Why You Should Shut Up And Love The LRM-5
- Read more →
The Needler Pistol is a vicious weapon that fires a spray of tiny flechettes which easily shreds flesh. These flechettes are created by shredding a polymer-composite block and fired by a burst of compressed gas, making it noiseless with little to no recoil and the favorite choice of assassins. However, needlers are incredibly short-ranged weapons with almost no armor penetration capabilities. This limits their use to self-defense and close-quarters combat, as well as being ideal weapons for boarding space-vessels.
- Item: Needler Pistol
- Equipment Rating: D/A-A-A/D
- Armor Piercing/Base Damage: 2B/5BS
- Range: 2/6/12/20 meters
- Shots: 10
- Cost/Reload: 50/1
- Affiliation: -
- Mass/Reload: 300g/70g
- Notes: Needler; Burst 5; Recoil -1
- Classic BattleTech RPG, p. 136, "Needler Pistol"
- A Time of War, p. 268, "Flechette Weapons - Table"