- Community Outreach - The Cauldron's Bear_cl4w and Krasnopesky Talk MechWarrior Online
- MechWarrior Online's Renaissance Is All Thanks To The Developers Putting Players In Charge
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For May, 2021
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For April 2021
- Why You Should Actually Trust BattleTech’s Mysteriously Short-Ranged Autocannons
- Read more →
The Nemesis Pod is an alternate ammunition type for the Improved Narc Missile Beacon.
Developed to offer greater flexibility to iNarc-equipped units, the simple and devious Nemesis Pod is a variant of the standard Homing Pod that features equipment to broadcast a wide-band homing signal specially tuned to override and draw both friendly and enemy Narc equipped SRMs and LRM missiles, as well as enemy Semi-Guided LRMs and even Arrow IV homing missiles, to strike the target to which its attached. Like all its iNarc brothers, the pod can be brushed off by a determined target.
If Narc-capable, semi-guided or Arrow IV homing missiles are fired within LOS of unit with an active Nemesis pod, re-roll to target the nemesis affected enemy with an extra +1 to hit added. If successful, the missiles are diverted, unsuccessful, they go on to the original intended target. Arrow IV homing missiles lured by a Nemesis pod however get a simple 50/50 chance decided by a 1D6 to determine if they attack the nemesis affected target.
- Field Manual: ComStar, pp. 151-152, "Nemesis Pod"