- Your BattleTech News Roundup For June, 2021
- Community Outreach - The Cauldron's Bear_cl4w and Krasnopesky Talk MechWarrior Online
- MechWarrior Online's Renaissance Is All Thanks To The Developers Putting Players In Charge
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For May, 2021
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For April 2021
- Read more →
New Kent nearby systems (3151)
|X:Y Coordinates||120.807 : 1784.439[e]|
|Recharge time||173 hours|
- 1 Planetary Description
- 2 Planetary Data
- 3 Garrisoning Military Force
- 4 Planetary Description & Notable Landmarks
- 5 Planetary History
- 6 Owner History
- 7 Nearby Systems
- 8 Notes
- 9 References
- 10 Bibliography
New Kent is a remote world located at the spinward fringe of the Kerensky Cluster in Clan space. The world is best known for being the capital world of Clan Steel Viper, but has been abandoned since that clan's annihilation in 3075. The planet is noted for its high carbon dioxide levels.
- Star Type: F4V
- Position in System: 2 (of 2)
- Surface Water: 40%
- Atm. Pressure: Standard (CO2 is Tainted)
- Surface Gravity: 1.5 G
- Equatorial Temperature: 40°C
- Highest Native Life: Amphibians
- Satellites: 3
- Population: 27,000,000 (3062)
Garrisoning Military Force
- 175th Attack (Clan Ice Hellion)
- 176th Attack (Clan Ice Hellion)
- 52nd Hector Cavaliers (Clan Ice Hellion)
- 92nd Fighter Wing (Clan Coyote)
- 120th Strike (Clan Coyote)
- 330th Solahma Attack (Clan Coyote)
- 27th Cruiser (Clan Diamond Shark)
- Moonstone Skate (Clan Diamond Shark)
- 79th Strike (Clan Diamond Shark)
- 104th Assault (Clan Steel Viper)
- 33rd Phalanx (Clan Steel Viper)
Planetary Description & Notable Landmarks
The planet was once a barren world, consisting of three large land masses; Heavy Jungle cover of Celebes, the arid lands of Kang and heavily mountainous continent of Ionia.
Each of the these land masses have large cluster of island surrounding them. However, the land masses' coast lines are uninhabitable due to the powerful tidal storms caused by New Kent's three moons.
- Eagle Crater - A region of the planet where an ancient comet impact deposited considerable amount of mineral wealth. By 3062, this region is home to a small Clan Diamond Shark enclave.
- Mercer Building - The 1000 meter tall building was constructed by Clan Steel Viper and was noted for being the largest building in Clan space. The Mercer building was home of the Viper's military & civilian administration and has a large meeting hall for clan members to gather. The building was destroyed by Aerospace fighters on 20 December 3075 at the order of ilKhan Hannibal Banacek during the Reaving of Clan Steel Viper. The building was located in New Kent City, which met a similar fate only days later.
- Shandrake Massif - Area that was known to be site of a hidden Clan Steel Viper research complex. This site was a target of a failed raid by Ice Hellions to gain access to the complex. In 3075, the area was captured by Clan Goliath Scorpion.
- New Kent Orbiter D7 - Orbital manafuaring Complex used to produce components for production of the OmniFighters and other equipment.
In 4000 BC, the planet was struck by Comet in region would be called Eagle Crater. The cometary impact destroyed much of the planet's original ecosystem, but gave the planet abundance of mineral resources.
Settlement and Terraforming
When New Kent was settled by Clan explorers, they had found that the planets' high carbon dioxide levels left the world very little native fauna. The planet did have number of aqua base life forms such as fish & amphibians. The planet's lands had nothing above size of insects. The settlers over course of the centuries introduced Terrestrial based fauna to the planet's landscapes. HO2 Atmosphere allowed for these trees and plants to thrive, specially on Celebes. During this period these settlers also introduced genetically enhanced mammals, including rabbits, wolves, deer and bears. These modifications allowed for future human settlements to have more resources to exploit.
Vipers & Coyotes and other Clans
The two of the planet's landmasses were claimed by Clan Steel Viper and it was made their capital world of their clan. Other Clans such as the Coyotes had were able claim modest chunk of the planet. Clan Ice Hellion & Diamond Sharks were able to establish small enclaves on the world. The Diamond Sharks had established their enclaves in mineral rich Eagle Crater region and created a number of industrial complexes.
However, Ice Hellions had attempted during these gold years of the clans to claim more of the world from the Vipers. They had attempted to claim on of the Ice Hellion's research complexes in a major attack, but were repulsed by the attempt.
Wars of Reaving
In 3075, the planet was invaded by a combined force of multiple clans under ilKhan Hannibal Banacek to continue the Trial of Annihilation of Clan Steel Viper. Though the clans were victorious in space, the Steel Vipers managed to hold New Kent City only to have it be razed by orbital bombardment from the McKenna's Pride, leaving no survivors. With the annihilation of Clan Steel Viper complete, the planet was left abandoned, considered untenable by the remaining clans.
- 2571 - Unknown Planet
- 2750 - Unknown Planet
- 2840 - Clan Steel Viper 
- 2920 - Clan Steel Viper / Clan Coyote / Clan Ice Hellion / Clan Diamond Shark 
- 2930 - Clan Steel Viper / Clan Coyote / Clan Ice Hellion / Clan Diamond Shark 
- 3025 - Clan Steel Viper / Clan Coyote / Clan Ice Hellion / Clan Diamond Shark 
- 3030 - Clan Steel Viper / Clan Coyote / Clan Ice Hellion / Clan Diamond Shark 
- 3040 - Clan Steel Viper / Clan Coyote / Clan Ice Hellion / Clan Diamond Shark 
- 3052 - Clan Steel Viper - 72%, Clan Coyote - 19%, Clan Diamond Shark - 9% 
- 3057 - Clan Steel Viper / Clan Coyote / Clan Ice Hellion / Clan Diamond Shark 
- 3062 - Clan Steel Viper / Clan Coyote / Clan Ice Hellion / Clan Diamond Shark 
- 3067 - Clan Steel Viper / Clan Coyote / Clan Ice Hellion 
- 3075 - None 
| Closest 20 systems (6 within 60 light-years)|
Distance in light years, closest systems first:
- The Wars of Reaving, p. 248 - "Political Balance Table, 3075"
- The Wars of Reaving, p. 235
- Field Manual: Crusader Clans, p. 153 - "Crusader Clans Deployment Table"
- Field Manual: Warden Clans, p. 162 - "Warden Clans Deployment Table"
- Field Manual: Warden Clans, p. 163 - "Warden Clans Deployment Table"
- Field Manual: Warden Clans, p. 166 - "Warden Clans Deployment Table"
- The Clans: Warriors of Kerensky, p. 109 - Planet's surface conditions & basic geography.
- The Clans: Warriors of Kerensky, p. 109 - Eagle Crater home of the Diamond Sharks and large mineral deposits.
- The Wars of Reaving, p. 151
- Technical Readout: 3055 Upgrade, pp. 106, 118 - Mechs produced at New Kent Armor Works.
- Technical Readout: 3060, pp. 40, 42, 56, 58, 60, 62, 66, 68 - Mechs/vehicles being produced at New Kent Armor Works.
- Technical Readout: 3067, p. 167, "Tyre Aerospace Fighter".
- Technical Readout: 3055, p. 104, "Baboon" - Novy Minsky noted being on New Kent manufacturing the Baboon BattleMech.
- The Clans: Warriors of Kerensky, p. 109 - Text cites that planet was hit several millennia ago, from 3062 it was 4000 BC.
- The Clans: Warriors of Kerensky, p. 109 - Planet's early history includes comet impact which changed the planet's surface.
- The Clans: Warriors of Kerensky, p. 109 - New Kent is terraformed from near barren world to garden planet with help of early settlers.
- Clan Homeworlds 3052 Poster (Kickstarter)
- The Wars of Reaving, p. 228 - "Political Balance Table, 3067"