- Community Outreach - The Robert N. Charrette Collection
- New Heavy Metal Trailer For HBS’ BattleTech Reveals New ‘Mech: The Bull Shark
- You Can Now Play MechWarrior 2 And MechWarrior 2: Mercenaries On Your Browser... Sort Of
- Talking BattleTech Fiction with Philip A. Lee
- Community Outreach - Tex Talks BattleTech
- Read more →
|X:Y Coordinates||-173.952 : -198.575[e]|
- 2270 - Principality of Regulus 
- 2271 - Free Worlds League 
- 2596 - Free Worlds League 
- 2750 - Free Worlds League 
- 2765 - Free Worlds League 
- 3025 - Free Worlds League 
- 3030 - Free Worlds League 
- 3040 - Free Worlds League 
- 3052 - Free Worlds League 
- 3057 - Free Worlds League 
- 3062 - Free Worlds League 
- 3130 - Regulan Fiefs 
- 3151 - Free Worlds League 
The Principality of Regulus was one of the first states to form in the wake of the Demarcation Declaration, and was a corporate state founded around the economic dominance of the Selaj family, a family with strong mercantile interests who used their vast power and wealth to appeal to the self-interest of others, drawing them into a mercantile alliance. Ngake was one world to benefit from attempts by the Selaj family - particularly the self-styled Prince, Raju Selaj - to unify their new state. Raju Selaj encouraged offworld investment in Ngake, giving incentives such as tax breaks and funding to offworld interests, in exchange for those offworld interests developing the infrastructure of Ngake in return.
In return for these incentives, the offworld interests constructed schools and roads as well as providing medical care for the native population. This not only developed Ngake's economy; it also served to unify the realm, by intertwining the interests of groups from different worlds together, reducing the chance that the Principality of Regulus would dissolve. The efforts made by Raju Selaj worked so well that Sir George Humphreys, the diplomat responsible for bringing together the founders of the future Free Worlds League, actively cited the land-grant programme developed by Selaj as something that could be adapted to work on a much large scale, ultimately creating the first of the Great Houses.
Planets within 2 jumps (60 light-years). Closest planets first:
- Handbook: House Marik, p. 13, "Principality of Regulus world within the Free Worlds League before  and after at their founding in "
- Historical: Reunification War, p. 158, "Inner Sphere - 2596"
- Era Report: 2750, p. 36, "Inner Sphere - 2750"
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1, p. 10, "Inner Sphere - 2765"
- Historical: War of 3039, p. 132, "Inner Sphere - 3040"
- Map of the Inner Sphere 3130
- Shattered Fortress, p. 102
- House Marik (The Free Worlds League), p. 9, "Regulus Origins"
- House Marik (The Free Worlds League), p. 10, "The Sincerest Form of Flattery"