- Community Outreach - Tex Talks BattleTech
- Clan Invasion Approaches $2 Million Stretch Goal, Teases UrbanMech Plushie
- What’s up with Catalyst? at GenCon 2019
- MechWarrior 5 Confirmed As Epic Games Store Exclusive
- Clan Invasion Boxed Set Funded In 7 Freakin’ Minutes, Catalyst Frantically Throwing Up Stretch Goals
- Read more →
|Coordinator of the Draconis Combine|
|Parents||Tenno Kurita (father)|
|Children|| Robert Kurita|
While his father Tenno reigned, the vain and petty Nihongi thought of nothing but succeeding his father as Coordinator. When his aunt Omi Kurita was killed by Rasalhagian terrorists in December 2375, Nihongi encouraged his father's decision to commit seppuku a few months later.
From the time he gained the throne in March 2376 until his death twenty years later, Nihongi proved to be a weak and lackluster ruler. The position he had coveted so desperately now proved worthless to him, and Nihongi could do little more than petulantly demand obedience from everybody. Unlike his legendary grandfather or competent father, Nihongi accomplished nothing of note in his entire reign.
Nihongi's sole achievements in life were in the realm of horse-riding and horse-breeding, a pastime which he indulged while neglecting his duties as Coordinator. This indifference aroused concern throughout the Combine, and by November 2393 several factions devoted to his removal (peacefully or otherwise) had arisen. Nihongi's more industrious son Robert was among the plotters preparing to kill him, but Nihongi abruptly solved the problem for everybody by falling and breaking his neck while horse-riding. Robert was thus able to mount the throne without resorting to patricide.
Titles and Positions
|Coordinator of the Draconis Combine
| Succeeded by|
- House Kurita (The Draconis Combine), "The Draconis Combine's Line of Succession and Partial Kurita Family Tree"
- House Kurita (The Draconis Combine), pp. 28-29