- Your BattleTech News Round-Up For August, 2023
- Community Outreach - Locust Labs And Creating The Hunchback For Tex Talks BattleTech
- An Ode To Light 'Mechs: Why BattleTech Needs More Light 'Mech Love
- Bad 'Mechs - Ostscout
- It's The Economy, Stupid! Understanding And Comparing MechWarrior 5 In Its Historical And Economic Context
- Read more →
|Died||21 May 3015|
Nikolai Mason was the commanding officer of Nik's Cavaliers mercenary command.
Commander of Nik's Cavaliers
Nikolai was killed when the mercenary unit known as Black Inferno combat dropped near the Cavaliers' base on De Berry Prime. In the course of the campaign, his son Jake would discover that Nikolai arrived in the Inner Sphere in the late thirtieth century from somewhere outside of the Periphery. Players have made the conclusion that he was part of Intelser, the Clan operation that gathered the first intelligence for the Clan Grand Council circa 2980.
During his journey to the Inner Sphere, Nikolai piloted a pristine Star League Defense Force vintage NSR-9J Nightstar which upon recognizing was out of place in the LosTech depleted Succession Wars era was carefully hidden on HD-389202 in 2986.
At the time of his death Nikolai was piloting a Victor. His Victor was salvaged by the Black Inferno following his death and taken to their repair and refit base on Eaton, with his son defeating Inferno member Zavarov to reclaim the 'Mech. Cavalier chief tech Fahad Arazad would discover that the coordinates sought by the Black Inferno, were hidden heavily encrypted in the 'Mech's computer system. Nikolai also rigged the Victor with a transponder that would react and could command the 'Mech bay containing his Nightstar to activate and open.
Behind the Scenes
- Audio log Identification Number Alpha-Charlie-7-7-1-8-Victor-Romeo dated 2986 contained three sets of coordinates.
- MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries, Tutorial
- Knives in the Dark
- MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries, Campaign Mission 19: "Reckoning"
- MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries, Campaign Mission 11: "Black Harvest"
- MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries, closing credits