- Community Outreach - Tex Talks BattleTech
- Clan Invasion Approaches $2 Million Stretch Goal, Teases UrbanMech Plushie
- What’s up with Catalyst? at GenCon 2019
- MechWarrior 5 Confirmed As Epic Games Store Exclusive
- Clan Invasion Boxed Set Funded In 7 Freakin’ Minutes, Catalyst Frantically Throwing Up Stretch Goals
- Read more →
|Unit Profile (as of 3144)|
The Nine-two Commando Mercenary unit is a small command, barely a reinforced company in size, that operates out of a customized Aurora-class DropShip, the Radiance. It is not known when it was founded, but it was very active on the Dark Age.
Their most well-known action was on Marcus in 3144 under contract of the Republic Remnant. Their mission was a Pirate Hunting action against the planet pirates that were too strong but the detachment of the VII Hastati Sentinels deployed on planet. Using guile and tactics the Nine-two feinted and attack with their Quirinus Battlearmour (and other ones) plus the unit's VTOL flight that when responded by the pirates made the Infiltrator Mk II platoon break havoc on the pirates. That and the arrival of the Hastati sealed the fate of the pirates, whose few survivors fled into the wilderness conceding the firebase to the attackers.
|Commanding Officers of Nine-two Commando|
The unit's specialization is in covert and special operations, with contracts that never last more than a month or two. Their rates are... well they command rates that an infantry battalion would envy.
- Technical Readout: 3145 Republic of the Sphere, p. 4 "Quirinus Battle Armor"