Norse-Storm Technologies Incorporated
- MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries Has Arrived - Here's What You Can Expect
- The 'Mech That Looks Most Like A Turkey
- Community Outreach - How Michael Todd Met Robert N. Charrette
- Community Outreach - The Robert N. Charrette Collection
- New Heavy Metal Trailer For HBS’ BattleTech Reveals New ‘Mech: The Bull Shark
- Read more →
|Norse-Storm Technologies Incorporated|
|Primary Site(s)|| Loxley|
While the Storm's Metal Thunder Mercenary unit was garrisoning Loxley in 3034, its commanding officer Captain Griff Storm discovered the remains of a Star League era 'Mech factory. With substantial loans from the Lyran goverment and aid of business partner Samuel Norse, the factory was eventually brought back online as Norse-Storm BattleMechs in 3046. Desperate to ensure their survival, the company signed a license agreement to produce the well-received Devastator Assault BattleMech. The company has since expanded, re-introducing further lostech Star League era designs. Originally producing 'Mechs for the Armed Forces of the Federated Commonwealth, Griff Storm's immense loyalty to House Steiner led to company producing exclusively for the Lyran Alliance Armed Forces upon the Federated Commonwealth's dissolution.
During its drive to rebuild the Loxley factory in the 3030s, the then-small company would also achieve notoriety and considerable profit after it developed a upgrade for the finicky autocannon loading system for the widely used Orion.
Developing a brand new in-house 'Mech design known as the Daemon, the company revived its venerable Spector design (minus the LosTech Chameleon Light Polarization Shield and Null Signature Systems) in 3053 for a brief eight-year production run, before intending to convert its production line to manufacture the Daemon. The popularity of even the less advanced 5F model among all the Great Houses and the Com Guards was such that Norse-Storm would extend production for another ten years as well as finally developing variants based off the 5F. 
At the behest of Archon Katherine Steiner-Davion, Norse-Storm engaged in several years of intense and insanely expensive negotiations with Shengli Arms in the hopes of acquiring access to the Capellan Confederation's Stealth Armor technology in the hopes of making the Spector stealthy again. Despite appearing to deal with Norse-Storm in good faith, Shengli had no intention of releasing such an advantage to an enemy of the Capellan nation. With the contract having no stipulation stating in what language the technical specifications were to be provided in, Shengli provided Norse-Storm the data in an obscure and ancient Han dialect, forcing the company to employ Shengli Arms techs to install the armor.  When all of Norse-Storm's efforts to break the ironclad contract failed, their security chief supposedly went "rogue" and launched an objective raid against Victoria, making off with several hundred tons of stealth armor and crippling Shengli production for eight months. While Norse-Storm denied any link, this rang hollow when they detained the Shengli aides required to install the armor and continued production of the "Stealth Spector" unabated while they tried to reverse-engineer the technology. Shengli halted all future shipments to Loxley in response. 
During the Jihad, with so many other Lyran BattleMech factories in the hands of the Word of Blake, Norse-Storm became one of the most critical industries in the Alliance. The Loxley production line suffered some losses, but in 3079 it was operating at 80% of its maximum output. Their production lines on Solaris were not so lucky, they were totally destroyed during the Jihad.
Norse-Storm Technologies Incorporated has manufacturing centers on the following planets:
|Components produced on Solaris::|
|MTR-5K Maelstrom||Heavy BattleMech|
|NSR-9J Nightstar||Assault BattleMech|
|Norse TRA34 Heavy||Maelstrom|
|Norse-GM Heavy TRQ||Nightstar|
|Fusion Engine - XL|
|Ford 375 XL||Maelstrom|
|Pitban 285 XL||Nightstar|
|Armor - BattleMechs & Vehicles|
|Kallon Royalstar Heavy Type K||Nightstar|
|Cirxese Ballistacheck, Cirxese Rocketcheck||Maelstrom|
|DLK Type Phased Array Sensors||Nightstar|
|Jackson Model 12||Maelstrom|
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 145, "Norse-Storm Technologies Inc. Profile"
- Technical Readout: 3039, p. 152 "ON1-K Orion"
- Technical Readout: 3058, p . 206 "SPR-5F Spector"
- Technical Readout: 3050 Upgrade, p. 58 "HBK-5M Hunchback"
- Objectives: Lyran Alliance, p. 3
- Objectives: Lyran Alliance, p. 19
- Technical Readout: 3058 Upgrade, p. 230, "Produced Thunder Hawk Components on Loxley"
- Technical Readout: 3058 Upgrade, p. 206, "Produced Spector Components on Loxley"
- Technical Readout: 3058 Upgrade, p. 156, "Produced Devastator Components on Loxley"
- Technical Readout: 3050 Upgrade, p. 58
- Technical Readout: 3058 Upgrade, p. 148, "Produced Maelstrom Components on Solaris"
- Technical Readout: 3058 Upgrade, p. 226, "Produced Nightstar Components on Solaris"