- Community Outreach - The Robert N. Charrette Collection
- New Heavy Metal Trailer For HBS’ BattleTech Reveals New ‘Mech: The Bull Shark
- You Can Now Play MechWarrior 2 And MechWarrior 2: Mercenaries On Your Browser... Sort Of
- Talking BattleTech Fiction with Philip A. Lee
- Community Outreach - Tex Talks BattleTech
- Read more →
|Manufacturer||Krupp Armament Works, |
|Mech type||Inner Sphere|
|Mass||30 tons[[Category:30 ton BattleMechs]]|
|Chassis||Chariot Type I-B|
|Armor||Krupp 200 Ferro-Fibrous|
|Engine||Pitban 300 XL|
|Communications System||Corean Transband-J12|
|Targeting Tracking System||Cat's Eye 5 with Forward 1 BAP|
|Heat Sinks||10 Double Heat Sinks|
The Nyx is a light BattleMech originally developed by the Word of Blake in the late Jihad. The Blakists' designs for the 'Mech and a prototype were captured by the Allied Coalition's Draconis Combine force on Quentin in 3077. The prototype and designs were rushed off to the Draconis Combine's Diplan MechYards, where engineers did not have the resources to put the advanced design into production. After the liberation of Terra in 3079, the Combine would ask aide from the new Terran government to assist with development of the 'Mech. It would be jointly produced by both the Republic and Combine, prior to the very end of the Jihad.
The design was conceived as a speedy recon 'Mech, with a Pitban Extra Light Engine allowing it to reach 162 km/h. The design utilizes a Beagle Active Probe as part of its role as a Scout 'Mech. Its hull is protected by five tons of Ferro-Fibrous Armor, so it can endure enemy fire long enough to fulfill its mission.
Weapons and Equipment
The Nyx has a pair of arm mounted Diverse Optics Extended Range Medium Lasers to provide it with moderate long ranged firepower. The 'Mech must close in to bring its Six-Tubed Short-Range Missile Launcher and Diverse Optics Extended Range Small Laser to bear. The waste heat from the weapons and other equipment is managed by 10 Double Heat Sinks.
- A proposed variant designed by the Word of Blake in 3080, this Experimental Tech version of the Nyx employs a unique method of attack. The 'Mech's laser weaponry and its Beagle Active Probe are removed in favor of a pair of BattleMech Lances. The design was seen to use its speed and these physical weapons to deliver piercing attacks against its opponents. BV(2.0)=613
- This Dark Age variant developed in 3141 carries two Medium Re-engineered Lasers, a Bloodhound Active Probe, and a C3 Slave. It is protected by Anti-Penetrative Ablation Armor. To make room for all this equipment and armor, the NX-110 uses an XL Gyro as well as an XL Engine. BV (2.0) = 764
WizKid's MechWarrior Dark Age Variants
- This is a post-jihad variant of the Nyx which trades its medium lasers for a pair of blades for a close combat option not dissimilar to the NX-90. It was favored by Katana Tormark when deployed with her Amaterasu regiment. (As of this time, there is no Record Sheet available for this variant.)
- Technical Readout: 3085, pp. 62-63, "NX-80 Nyx"
- MUL online date for the Nyx
- Record Sheets: 3085 Print Edition, p. 43
- Jihad Hot Spots: Terra, pp. 32-33 Quentin Quagmire / Official Update 3 - Fight for Quentin and its final liberation in 3077.
- MUL online data for the Nyx NX-80C variant
- Record Sheets: 3085 Unabridged - The Cutting Edge, p. 90
- MUL online data for the Nyx NX-90 variant
- Record Sheets: 3085 Unabridged - The Cutting Edge, p. 91
- MUL online data for the Nyx NX-100 variant
- Record Sheets: 3145 New Tech, New Upgrades, p. 85
- Record Sheets: 3145 New Tech, New Upgrades, p. 86
- MUL online data for the Nyx NX-110 variant
- Question of MWDA Unique.PDF - Results is the NX-23 and others listed in this product are not considered canon since its not in the MUL.