|'Mech type||Clan BattleMech|
|Armor||Forging FF01 Ferro Fibrous|
|Engine||210 General Systems XL|
|Communications System||Raldon R1|
|Targeting Tracking System||Dalban HiRez II|
|Heat Sinks||15 double|
|Jump Jets||Leaper Model L6|
Following the Abjuration of Clan Nova Cat, Khan Santin West ordered a team of scientists who had been captured from Clan Smoke Jaguar to design a BattleMech that could be produced in the Inner Sphere. They attempted to create a 'Mech similar to the Pack Hunter, but ER PPCs were sparse at the time, however the team got its break when the Nova Cats acquired a cache of heavy large lasers from Clan Diamond Shark in 3065. They had to rework the original concept of duplicating the Pack Hunter, which eventually became the Ocelot, and thus the 'Mech was approved for production in early 3067.
The Ocelot is a somewhat inexpensive 'Mech that is effective at medium-short range. In order to have the room it needs for its weapons, it saves weight by using an XL engine and six and a half tons of ferro-fibrous armor. It also has enough jump jets to move up to 180 meters at a bound and an Irecian "Squealer" light active probe ensures that the pilot of an Ocelot is rarely surprised.
Weapons and Equipment
The main gun of the Ocelot is its Model X heavy large laser, which is capable of significant for its size, though it suffers from inaccuracy. To back that up, the Ocelot mounts a pair of Series 2d ER medium lasers that have the same range profile as the large. The use of 15 double heat sinks keep the Ocelot fairly cool, though non-stop firing will eventually result in significant heat buildup.
- Ocelot 3
- This variant was finishing testing in 3075, and changes the armaments to a single ER large laser and two heavy medium lasers. It also adds a targeting computer and an ECM suite, though it loses three double heat sinks. The Nova Cats chose to import the electronics from the Diamond Sharks. BV (2.0) = 1,594
- Technical Readout: Jihad, pp. 8–9: "Ocelot"
- Jihad Hot Spots: 3070, p. 138
- Record Sheets: 3075 Unabridged - The Cutting Edge, p. 258
- Jihad Hot Spots: 3070, p. 146
- Technical Readout: 3075, p. 136
- Jihad Hot Spots: 3070, p. 147
- Record Sheets: 3075 Unabridged, p. 113
- Record Sheets: 3075 Unabridged - The Cutting Edge, p. 259
- Record Sheets: 3075 Unabridged, p. 114
- Record Sheets: 3075 Unabridged - The Cutting Edge, p. 260
- Record Sheets: 3145 New Tech, New Upgrades, p. 100
- BattleMech Manual, p. 93 BattleMech Quirk Table - Ocelot Entry.
- Jihad Hot Spots: 3070, pp. 138, 146-147
- Technical Readout: 3075, pp. 136-137
- Jihad Hot Spots: 3070
- Master Unit List
- MWDA Dragon's Fury Dossier of J. Sterling
- MWDA Spirit Cats Dossier of Lenell Nova Cat
- MWDA Spirit Cats Dossier of Rob Hoge
- Record Sheets: 3075
- Record Sheets: 3075 Unabridged
- Record Sheets: 3075 Unabridged - The Cutting Edge
- Record Sheets: 3145 New Tech, New Upgrades
- Technical Readout: 3075