- Community Outreach - The Cauldron's Bear_cl4w and Krasnopesky Talk MechWarrior Online
- MechWarrior Online's Renaissance Is All Thanks To The Developers Putting Players In Charge
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For May, 2021
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For April 2021
- Why You Should Actually Trust BattleTech’s Mysteriously Short-Ranged Autocannons
- Read more →
|Tech Base||Inner Sphere|
|Top Speed||22 km/h|
|Jump Range||0 m|
|Armor Type||Standard Armor|
Ogre battle armor was intended to fill gaps in the various planetary militia forces within the Principality of Regulus and to supplement slower combat vehicle platoons. It was the first attempt to enter the battle armor market by Tvastar Enterprises of Regulus, and was introduced to the market at a time when the use of non-BattleMech units in wars and conflicts was on the increase, allowing the Ogre to perform better than Tvastar had anticipated.
The Ogre had a physically intimidating appearance, largely due to the twin Heavy Battle Claws used as weapons and Tvastar's choice to use an unusually wide frame for the suit. Despite that appearance, the Ogre wasn't well-suited to fighting conventional infantry, but the heavy armor and weapons mounted on the Ogre allowed it to attack enemy armor, and actions in certain early battles saw the Ogre gain a reputation for tearing tanks in half - a reputation that was rather fanciful, but did serve to enhance the Ogre's reputation. The Ogre went on to be exported outside the Regulan Fiefs by Tvastar, with the Duchy of Andurien and the Lyran Commonwealth both ordering large production runs.
Weapons and Equipment
The standard-pattern Ogre suit married a pair of Heavy Battle Claws with an SRM 2, for which the Ogre carries enough missiles to allow for thirteen volleys; the Ogre also had almost a ton of standard armor across its frame, providing considerable battlefield survivability.
- Technical Readout: 3145 Free Worlds League, p. 6-7, "Ogre Battle Armor"
- MUL online date for the Ogre