- Community Outreach - The Robert N. Charrette Collection
- New Heavy Metal Trailer For HBS’ BattleTech Reveals New ‘Mech: The Bull Shark
- You Can Now Play MechWarrior 2 And MechWarrior 2: Mercenaries On Your Browser... Sort Of
- Talking BattleTech Fiction with Philip A. Lee
- Community Outreach - Tex Talks BattleTech
- Read more →
Old Kentucky neighbouring systems
|X:Y Coordinates||2.063 : -141.685[e]|
|Recharge time||184 hours|
Note: X and Y are coordinates (light years on XY plane) relative to Terra at (0, 0)
| Jump point
|Moons||2 (Foster, Rowan)|
|Atmospheric pressure||High (Breathable)|
|Equatorial temperature||45°C (Very Hot)|
|Highest native life||Mammal|
|Reference Year||3025 - 3079|
|Ruler||Lord Philippe Ryan (Planetary Diem)|
|Population|| 845,000,000 (3025)|
|HPG (Representative)||B (Precentor Dingus Vallorey)|
- 1 Political Affiliation
- 2 Planetary History
- 3 Military Deployment
- 4 Geography
- 5 Nearby Planets
- 6 References
- 7 Bibliography
- 2138 - Terran Alliance
- 2246 - Independent World
- 2248 - Sarna Supremacy
- 2366 - Sarna Supremacy 
- 2367 - Capellan Confederation 
- 2571 - Capellan Confederation 
- 2596 - Capellan Confederation 
- 2750 - Capellan Confederation 
- 2765 - Capellan Confederation 
- 2786 - Capellan Confederation 
- 2822 - Free Worlds League 
- 2864 - Free Worlds League 
- 3025 - Capellan Confederation 
- 3029 - Federated Suns (from December)
- 3030 - Federated Suns 
- 3040 - Federated Commonwealth 
- 3050 - Federated Commonwealth 
- 3054 - Federated Commonwealth 
- 3058 - Capellan Confederation 
- 3067 - Capellan Confederation 
- 3079 - Capellan Confederation 
- 3085 - Capellan Confederation 
- 3130 - Capellan Confederation 
- 3135 - Capellan Confederation 
- 3145 - Capellan Confederation 
Colonization and Early Years
Old Kentucky was first examined by scientific teams from the Terran Alliance in 2133 and within 5 years the planet would be settled by colonists from Terra. Early colonists came from the old United States of America, which at the time was a rich nation-state and could afford to fund a first wave of early colonists to settle distant worlds such as Old Kentucky. The settlement was due to the United States' disdain for the need of the Alliance to administer far off colonies.
These early colonists initially set up the world to recreate what they thought was way of life that old US province/state by the same name had been like before US had changed. However the world would be devastated by the Terran Alliance's Demarcation Declaration in 2242. Old Kentucky's settlers had not prepared for sudden independence that Demarcation had granted them and its population had rendered joblessness being cut off by the Terran Alliance's stipends which kept the citizens of Old Kentucky financially stable. Once free of Terra, the planetary government began shifting ownership of the planet's important Terran-owned farming lands to political supporters. The planet's politics would end up in unrest until a third generation colonist named Silviu Capreanu took to the political stage and ended the Old Kentucky's governmental dead lock. He would court the planet to join the Sarna Supremacy.
The Sarna Supremacy and the War with Confederation
Silviu Capreanu would begin the process to convince his world to join the Supremacy, as he became the designated Ambassador to Sarna. The process of joining the Supremacy soon bore fruit, as Capreanu's efforts would result in revival of Old Kentucky's devastated industries and by 2248 the planet would be an official part of the Supremacy with the election of Capreanu as planetary president. During the development of the planet through its relationship with the Supremacy, it would be home for new colonists and it's would culturally change. By the end of the Twenty-Third Century, Old Kentucky would become a loyal supporter to its new interstellar nation state and Silviu Capreanu would be commemorated with a statue to the prosperity he brought to the world after dying in 2297.
War with the neighboring Capellan Commonality broke out in 2305, many citizens of the planet would come to the defense of the Supremacy. The Capellan-Supremacy War would be harsh for the world's citizens as both the Capellan and Free Worlds League would invade the planet and its citizens resorted to guerrilla warfare to fend off the invaders. By 2309 war had ended with Capellans and the Supremacy along with Old Kentucky becoming part of the new Capellan Confederation. With joining the Confederation, Old Kentucky's early culture would be erased by Norman Aris' changes to the Confederation's social order.
The Star League and Succession War Eras
During the later years of the Star League, residents of the planet built domed cities in the hotter latitudes of the planet as to setup extraction of minerals from the planet. For century, Old Kentucky's extraction business would prove be successful and continued until the 2780s when the Free Worlds League attacked the planet. The people of the equatorial cities perished as power from the planetary wind farms was shut down by WarShip orbital bombardment. The League ships carried out the Inner Sphere's only known deployment of a gigaton-range nuclear device. The attack was an attempt by the League to create widespread fear in the Confederation. The attack caused Old Kentucky's militia to be scattered, unable to stop the Free World League's conquest of the planet. Occupation by the League was uneventful until the Confederation's Maskirovka finally stir enough resistance among the planet's citizens to free the world to rejoin the House Liao by 2788.
The Succession Wars had left Old Kentucky's industries and tech base reduced to primitive conditions. With repetitive raids by the Free Worlds League, the Confederation abandoned serious efforts to rebuild the planet's infrastructure.
Fourth Succession War
Following the speech given by First Prince Hanse Davion on the 16th of November 3029, the official day of thanks in the Federated Suns, contained a number of revelations including the creation of the St. Ives Compact and was taken by many as an open sign that the Fourth Succession War was close to ending. The Armed Forces of the Federated Suns launched the Seventh Wave of Operation RAT shortly after, in a determined effort to secure as many systems as possible before an armistice was declared. The Seventh Wave capitalised on negotiations that had been conducted in secret between the Federated Suns and various planetary governments in the remnants of the Sarna Commonality who lacked defenses and were far more fearful of being annexed by the Free Worlds League, a state hated for centuries of raids and invasions, than they were the Federated Suns. In the last week of November the AFFS occupied thirteen systems, including Old Kentucky. The AFFS encountered little resistance, and relatively few troops were needed to provide a garrison to maintain calm.
Old Kentucky was recaptured by the Capellan Confederation during Operation Guerrero; the mercenary unit Barrett's Fusiliers fought for House Liao during the campaign, having been loaned to the CCAF by the Free Worlds League. It was on Old Kentucky that the new commanding officer of Barrett's Fusiliers, Nikita Barrett, proved himself a capable commander, having recently replaced his father who had died shortly before.
The Dark Age
By 3130, the planetary population had recovered the old equatorial cities from the Star League Era. The planetary government would resort to using criminals to work in these hot and deadly environments in efforts to recover the cities.
- Twelfth Vegan Rangers
- Gamma Regiment
- Twelfth Vegan Rangers
- Gamma Regiment
- Twelfth Vegan Rangers
- Gamma Regiment
- - At this point in time, the Seventh was deployed across Old Kentucky, Tsinghai and Campertown. The Seventh was at 70% of full strength, with 75% of their equipment featuring upgraded technology.
- - At this point in time, the Hussars were at 70% of full strength, with 90% of their equipment featuring upgraded technology.
Planets within 2 jumps (60 light-years). Closest planets first:
- House Liao (The Capellan Confederation), p. 146, "Old Kentucky"
- Objectives: Capellan Confederation, p. 14, "Old Kentucky"
- Touring of the Stars: Old Kentucky> - Planetary History and other historical facts.
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 17, "Capellan Confederation Founding, 2366"
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 13, "Timeline: Capellan Zone 2367"
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 25, "Capellan Confederation after Age of War "
- Historical: Reunification War, p. 159, "Inner Sphere - 2596"
- Era Report: 2750, p. 37, "Inner Sphere - 2750"
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1, p. 11, "Inner Sphere - 2765"
- First Succession War (Source Book), p. 25, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 31, "Capellan Confederation after First Succession War "
- Handbook: House Marik, p. 34, "Free Worlds League after First Succession War "
- First Succession War (Source Book), p. 113, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 39, "Capellan Confederation after Second Succession War "
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 40, "Capellan Confederation after Third Succession War "
- NAIS The Fourth Succession War Military Atlas Volume 2, p. 59, "Seventh Wave"
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 49, "Capellan Confederation after Fourth Succession War "
- Historical: War of 3039, p. 133, "Inner Sphere - 3040"
- 20 Year Update, p. 23, "Federated Commonwealth Deployment Table"
- Objective Raids, p. 17, "FedCom Deployment Table"
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 60, "Capellan Confederation after Operation Guerrero "
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 68, "Capellan Confederation after FedCom Civil War "
- Field Report: CCAF, p. 21, "Capellan Confederation Deployment Map"
- Field Manual: 3085, p. vii, "Inner Sphere - October 3085"
- Map of the Inner Sphere 3130
- Era Report: 3145, p. 11, "Inner Sphere Map - "
- Era Report: 3145, p. 39, "Inner Sphere Map - "
- NAIS The Fourth Succession War Military Atlas Volume 2, p. 58, "Thanksgiving"
- Field Manual: Mercenaries, Revised, p. 42, "Barrett's Fusiliers: The Light Musketeers"
- Field Manual: Mercenaries, Revised, p. 42, "Officers"
- Field Report 2765: Capellan Confederation, p. 12, "Regimental Status"
- First Succession War (Source Book), p. 138, "First Succession War Deployment Table - FWLM"
- Historical: War of 3039, p. 141, "Deployment Table"
- Field Report: CCAF, p. 11, "Confederation Reserve Cavalry Regimental Status"
- Field Manual: 3085, p. 34, "Capellan Confederation Armed Forces Deployment Table - 3085"
- 20 Year Update
- Era Report: 2750
- Era Report: 3145
- Field Manual: 3085
- Field Manual: Mercenaries, Revised
- Field Report: CCAF
- Field Report 2765: Capellan Confederation
- First Succession War
- Handbook: House Liao
- Handbook: House Marik
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1
- Historical: Reunification War
- Historical: War of 3039
- House Liao (The Capellan Confederation)
- Map of the Inner Sphere 3130
- Objective Raids
- Objectives: Capellan Confederation
- Touring the Stars: Old Kentucky