- Your BattleTech News Roundup For August 2020
- MechWarrior 5 DLC, Heroes Of The Inner Sphere, Previewed In Podcasts And Streams
- MechCommander Returns As a MechWarrior 5 Mod
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For July, 2020
- The Evolution Of Long-Range Missiles In BattleTech, or Why You Should Shut Up And Love The LRM-5
- Read more →
|Died||14 January 2011|
|Rank||Premier of the Second Soviet Union|
|Children|| Pyotr Tikonov|
Oleg Tikonov (d. 14 January 2011) was the last Premier of the Second Soviet Union.
Coming to power in 2004, during the Second Cold War, Tikonov was considered a moderate if not liberal leader. With the tentative support of the Soviet leadership, he defused the international tensions, and sought to bring the Russian economy back from the brink of collapse.
His biggest accomplishment after ending the Second Cold War in 2005, was the signing of the Tikonov Accords in 2011. In return for free and democratic elections in the Warsaw Pact nations, the USA promised desperately needed financial aid and expertise.
Marriage and children
On January 14th, 2011, at 11:53 pm local time, merely hours after signing the Tikonov Accords, Oleg Tikonov was assassinated by Mustafa Khemar Rhasori, a Muslim fanatic. Posing as a militiaman, Rhasori suicide-bombed the Premier's limousine, killing not only Tikonov himself, but also his wife and children.
- The Periphery (1988), p.10 (p. 7 PDF), "Death of a Premier"
- Jihad Hot Spots: Terra, p.139
- House Liao (The Capellan Confederation), p.20