|Unit Profile (as of 3075)|
|Nickname||The Shadow Hunters|
|Parent Formation||52nd Shadow Division|
The Opacus Venatori were the Word of Blake’s elite independent operations unit, designed for espionage and head-hunting. Loosely attached to the 52nd Shadow Division, in a similar fashion to the Fox’s Teeth and Sorenson’s Sabres, the unit was used as a troubleshooter unit, for "special" operations.
Originally formed from two special operation units, Opacus (Shadow or Obscured) from the Light of Mankind and Venatori (Hunters) from the Manei Domini, which were merged into the Opacus Venatori in 3069. When the Black Warriors tried to warn the Inner Sphere about the Manei Domini and Word of Blake, Opacus was sent to stop them. They did so, killing everyone. The Venatori were used instead to disrupt all Wolfnet activities in the Chaos March.  The two highly skilled units clashed with each other several times, reflecting the dislike their creators (Apollyon and Cameron St. Jamais, respectively) felt for each other. A series of wargames resulted in the death of a soldier from each team. The Precentor Martial declared a moratorium on training. In 3069 the Master declared the two units would merge.
At the beginning of the Jihad in 3067, the unit was involved in a number of operations, including the elimination of WolfNet operatives in the former Chaos March. In June 3068, they captured the Heir-Designate of the Draconis Combine, Hohiro Kurita on Dieron.
In 3073 they were attached to a task force consisting of the 40th Shadow Division and 2nd Division, and coordinated the assault on Arcturus. Despite their skill, they were unable to overcome Chandrasekhar Kurita's mercenary forces, and they withdrew from the world.
In late March 3075 the Opacus Venatori raided the Draconis Combine world of Isesaki. The Venatori leveled the headquarters of Isesaki Shipping along with a wide swathe of the commercial district of Ukonsoi City, and killed Viscount Ernest Machida.
|Commanding Officers of the Opacus Venatori|
|Precentor||Avitue||3066 - 3069|
|Precentor||Berith||3069 - 3072|
Independent Operations, head hunting, covert operations.
- 2 estimated Level IIs.
- Classification: Primoris Domini
- Target: Black Widow Company - Stacy Church
- Classification: Manus Eversor
- Target: Bounty Hunter
- Classification: Balatro Domini
- Target: Star Seeds - Marcel Webb
Opacus Venatori Members
Zombie Demi-Precentor Delta Kendali Morris
Phantom Adept Tau Mi Tomitaki
Ghost Adept Beta Rufus Black Bear
Wraith Adept Beta Havalah Cazer
Poltergeist Adept Omega Achillius St. John
Adept Omicron Rho IX Bryn Rivenschild
Adept Psi/Mu Elizabeth Rodriguez
Adept Psi Rho XVIII Cassius Montague
Adept Omicron Rho X Portia Thomas
Adept Omicron Rho II Jacqueline Norman
Demi-Precentor Kari Marita
- Starterbook: Wolf and Blake, p. 34
- Starterbook: Wolf and Blake, pp. 35-36
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents, p. 100 - "22nd Division Unit profile - secretly Opacus Venatori operatives aided in assault".
- Turning Points: Arcturus, p. 10
- Jihad Hot Spots: Terra, p. 15, "Timeline of the Jihad"
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 53, "The Jihad In Review"
- Starterbook: Wolf and Blake, p. 32
- Starterbook: Wolf and Blake, p. 33
- Starterbook: Wolf and Blake, p.34
- Starterbook: Wolf and Blake, p. 39