- Your BattleTech News Roundup For March, 2021
- MechWarrior 5 Is On Steam & Catalyst Is Having A Sourcebook Sale
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For February, 2021
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For January, 2021
- Community Outreach - The Art Of BattleTech, Renegade HPG, And The Remastered BattleTech Cartoon
- Read more →
Operation DOPPELGANGER was originally a plot by Maximilian Liao to replace Hanse Davion with a double. In 3015, the Maskirovka abducted seven scientists from Sanilac, a world in the Federated Suns. Maximilian coerced the scientists to create the double. The Maskirovka then inserted this double in the Davion Summer Palace on Argyle. In 3025 the double's existence was discovered by Ardan Sortek. The Capellan plan required that the pseudo-Hanse Davion truly believe he was the real thing, so he was subjected to several extreme personality modifications including brainwashing.
In 3027, inspired by a report from Quintus Allard, Simon Johnson and Katrina Steiner selected Jeana Clay to become the body double for Melissa Steiner. Like the original Capellan plan the volunteer's previous existence was eliminated, but unlike the Capellan plan, the body double was a volunteer and therefore wasn't brainwashed.
- Intelligence Operations Handbook, p. 73
- The Sword and the Dagger
- Intelligence Operations Handbook, p. 36 - "Message from Simon Johnson to Dr. Roberto Schumann, Dept. of Psychology, Tharkad University"
- Intelligence Operations Handbook, p. 73, - "...their [the Capellan] wanton destruction of the imposter's life and memories..."
- Warrior: En Garde, p. 74 - Jeana's interview with the Archon discusses the price Clay would pay for this service.