- Community Outreach - Tex Talks BattleTech
- Clan Invasion Approaches $2 Million Stretch Goal, Teases UrbanMech Plushie
- What’s up with Catalyst? at GenCon 2019
- MechWarrior 5 Confirmed As Epic Games Store Exclusive
- Clan Invasion Boxed Set Funded In 7 Freakin’ Minutes, Catalyst Frantically Throwing Up Stretch Goals
- Read more →
|Part of The Dark Age, Dark Age Era|
|A multi-national military operation conducted in Free Worlds League space and led by the Oriente Protectorate|
Operation Homecoming - (April 21-27th, 3139) was a multi-national military operation conducted in Free Worlds League space and led by the Oriente Protectorate. The campaign was designed to help unite the militaries of various coalition allies to cement the founding of a newly unified Free Worlds League. The plan was to have each state contribute a military formation (regiment, militias, etc) in the effort to take three key worlds to finalize the reunification. The military commander of the force was Thaddeus Marik, Warden-General of the Covenant Worlds.
List of participating Units of Operation Homecoming
A dozen military units were involved in combat operations. The following are some noted participants and units involved.
- Third Battalion of the Silver Hawk Irregulars, commanded by Captain Edith Byers, the "Kalidasa Ghost".
- Four Wings Aerospace fighters (Rievers and Stingrays) from the Westover Aerospace forces
- Clan Sea Fox Delta Aimag of Spina Khanate and Clan Spirit Cats forces.
- 1st Rim Commonality Guard, led by Force Commander Alethea Chowla.
- Angell II Militia
Captain-General Jessica Marik sent out "invitations" to potential military allies to join the campaign to ultimately take the former FWL capital world of Atreus from Regulan Fiefs. The campaign was designed in two phases. The first phase was to take the worlds of Ionus and Alterf, then in the second phase converge on Atreus itself. Creating a bridge between two halves of the former League which left Atreus in middle. The Alternate plan was to leap frog Ionus and Alterf and take Atreus head on.
Ionis and Alterf were quickly taken by Homecoming forces in early April.
Second phase of Military operations began in April 21st, where JumpShips of both task forces converged on Atreus system via pirate points. A Regulan Scout Class JumpShip, the Ohla, immediately jumped out of system to Hellos Minor to report Regulan commands of the invasion.
Unknown to League forces, Regulan Captain-General Lester Cameron-Jones had placed his forces, weeks advance waiting for Oriente and its allies to attack Atreus. Captain-General led a fleet consisting of three Star Lord Class JumpShips, packed with his Fifth Regulan Hussars. On the 24th of April, his fleet jumped into the system, however the fleet was forced to withdraw, when confronted by the Clan Sea Fox WarShip, Voidswimmer. By preventing the Regulan fleet from reinforcing the landed troops to the new League, the Clan Protectorate expedition successfully participated in the liberation of Atreus.
- To Ride the Chimera, pp. 275 - 278
- To Ride the Chimera, p. 278