- June News Roundup 2020 - Supplemental
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For June 2020
- Did You Know? Other Games Come And Go, But MechWarrior: Living Legends Is Here To Stay
- Community Outreach - Michael At Metal Core Collectibles Talks About 3D Printing And Making Fan Designs
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For May 2020
- Read more →
|Manufacturer||Clan Hell's Horses Industriplex Upsilon|
|Chassis||ProtoMech Standard 4-O|
|Communications System||CH5-Baker Series Augumented|
|Targeting Tracking System||EI-Pattern J, Series 2.1|
4x SRM-1 launchers
The Orc is the first ProtoMech developed wholly by Clan Hell's Horses. The Orc reflects the unique battle tactics of the Horses. Capable of high speed and very maneuverable, the Orc can keep up with fast 'Mechs and vehicles in the cavalry style attacks that the Horses prefer. After its introduction, the Horses attached entire Stars of Protos to their front line Clusters. Each Star assigned to the Alpha and Beta Galaxies had at least two Orcs in it.
Weapons and Equipment
The standard Orc uses a quartet of SRM-1 missile tubes, with each of the launchers carries five reloads. Though this isn't a large amount of firepower for a single ProtoMech, any MechWarrior who's fighting a Point's worth of fast moving, hard to hit missile carriers will find themselves in trouble. Several Orc pilots are rumored to carry Inferno loads for their missile launchers, making them horrifically effective against conventional vehicles and infantry.
There are several variants of the basic Orc chassis.
- Orc 3
- Trading armor protection for firepower, the Orc 3 mounts an additional SRM tube (totalling five). Each launcher carries three shots. Because the armor protection is reduced, killing the Orc 3 is much easier than killing the standard Orc. BV (2.0) = 168
- Orc 4
- This version tries to take the best features of the Orc 2 and Orc 3. It carries three SRM tubes in its torso, and a machine gun in each arm. BV (2.0) = 138
- Technical Readout: 3075, p. 154
- Technical Readout: 3075, p. 155
- Record Sheets: 3075 Unabridged - The Cutting Edge, p. 289
- Technical Readout: 3075, p. 154, "Deployment"
- Record Sheets: 3075 Unabridged - The Cutting Edge, p. 290
- Record Sheets: 3075 Unabridged - The Cutting Edge, p. 291
- Record Sheets: 3075 Unabridged - The Cutting Edge, p. 292