- Community Outreach - Tex Talks BattleTech
- Clan Invasion Approaches $2 Million Stretch Goal, Teases UrbanMech Plushie
- What’s up with Catalyst? at GenCon 2019
- MechWarrior 5 Confirmed As Epic Games Store Exclusive
- Clan Invasion Boxed Set Funded In 7 Freakin’ Minutes, Catalyst Frantically Throwing Up Stretch Goals
- Read more →
|Mech type||Inner Sphere|
|Mass||90 Tons tons[[Category:90 Tons ton BattleMechs]]|
|Chassis||Alshain Class 98c|
|Engine||Hermes 360 XL|
|Communications System||Sipher CommSys 4b|
|Targeting Tracking System||Matabushi Sentinel|
|Heat Sinks||10 Double heat sinks|
The Orochi is a Post-Jihad Assault BattleMech built by Victory Industries on Marduk. This 'Mech was intended to be an upgrade of the ancient Longbow fire-support design, and the Draconis Combine put great effort into updating the factories on Marduk for production of the Orochi, with the intent of using it as a symbol of the nation's recovery and economic resurgence from the war. However, the 'Mech's advanced weaponry was cited as being overly expensive and requiring a high degree of maintenance. When it was initially produced, intelligence agencies foresaw that it would only be put into limited production.
Weapons and Equipment
The Orochi utilizes Advance Tech Missile launchers in place of the Longbow's traditional LRM launchers. It has been equipped with two Advanced Tech Telos ThunderShot Thunderbolt 20 Launchers in each arm, which are allotted six tons of ammunition split between two bays in the arms. To supplement the Orochi's short-range firepower, it has been fitted with two Telos TargetLok-4 Streak SRM-4s, similarly located in the arms. The only energy weapon, a Victory 12E Extended Range Small Laser, is mounted in the head. A 360 Rated Hermes Extra-light Engine provides the additional free tonnage for its load out, and propels the assault 'Mech up to 64 KMPH. To protect its vitals and vulnerable ammunition, the Orochi is armored with 17.5 tons of Starshield A standard Armor.
- Longbow Assault BattleMech.
- Technical Readout: 3085, pp. 102-103, "OR-2I Orochi"
- MUL online entry for the Orochi
- Record Sheets: 3085 Print Edition, p. 101
- Technical Readout: 3150, p. 224, "New Tech, New Upgrades - BattleMechs"