- Community Outreach - The Cauldron's Bear_cl4w and Krasnopesky Talk MechWarrior Online
- MechWarrior Online's Renaissance Is All Thanks To The Developers Putting Players In Charge
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For May, 2021
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For April 2021
- Why You Should Actually Trust BattleTech’s Mysteriously Short-Ranged Autocannons
- Read more →
|Mech type||Inner Sphere IndustrialMech|
|Chassis||Alshain Type 40-30L|
|Engine||Hermes 90 Fuel Cell|
The Pacifier was an unpopular design because Alshain Weapons didn't employ quality control and the 'Mech lacks an ejection seat. As a result most of these 'Mechs were left to the lowest dregs of planetary militias. During the Clan Invasion and Jihad Pacifier pilots fought against the attackers and this led to a re-evaluation of the 'Mech.
Weapons and Equipment
Intended to serve as a civilian tool the Pacifier is capable of both combat and non-combat duties. The LRM in the left torso and SRM in the right torso can be used to fire tear gas rounds as well as explosives. Each arm carries a Machine Gun and Fluid Sprayer; Both of these can be used to disperse rioters, but the Fluid Sprayers can also be used to fight fires.
Both of the missile launchers are provided one ton of ammunition. The sprayers each have a half ton of storage available so the left arm could carry water while the right could carry fire retardant foam. Finally the machine guns share a half ton of ammunition.
- CCU - 40
- Developed in the 3080s, this upgraded version is protected by Heavy Industrial Armor instead of Industrial Armor. Pilots can finally leave a doomed Pacifier by using the Ejection Seat. In addition the weapons loadout has been redesigned with only the sprayers remaining. The two machine guns have been replaced with Light Machine Guns and the LRM and SRM launchers in the side torsos have been replaced with an MML-3 to launch six missiles. Two tons of ammunition are provided to these launchers. BV (2.0) = 356
- Technical Readout: Vehicle Annex, p. 222 = Technical Readout: Vehicle Annex Revised, p. 208
- Technical Readout: Irregulars, p. 32
- According to the Pacifier's entry in the official MUL database
- Technical Readout: Irregulars, p. 33
- Technical Readout: Vehicle Annex, p. 4 (Introduction dated 1 December 3070); Technical Readout: Vehicle Annex Revised, p. 4 (Introduction updated to 21 August 3084)
- as shown in the BattleCorps short story Feather versus Mountain
- Technical Readout: Irregulars, p. 97