- Your BattleTech News Roundup For July, 2021
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For June, 2021
- Community Outreach - The Cauldron's Bear_cl4w and Krasnopesky Talk MechWarrior Online
- MechWarrior Online's Renaissance Is All Thanks To The Developers Putting Players In Charge
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For May, 2021
- Read more →
|Manufacturer||Zettle Metals Incorporated|
|Mech type||Primitive Inner Sphere BattleMech|
The Pathfinder represents the lower end of the Lyran Commonwealth's production capability. Using primitive armor, engine, and cockpit allows Zettle to produce the 'Mechs more quickly and reduces the subsequent cost. As a result of this, the Pathfinder has been purchased in great numbers by the LCAF for their planetary militia units to augment their scouting capability while not requiring a huge investment.
Pilots assigned to the Pathfinder should maintain a low profile on the battlefield. Though the Pathfinder offers the same speed as a Succession Wars-era Wasp or Stinger, in the Jihad era that is just enough speed to get into trouble. The six tons of Primitive Armor will not be enough to protect the Pathfinder from concentrated enemy fire, especially against the devastating firepower available in 3075.
Weapons and Equipment
Despite the primitive nature of the Pathfinder's systems, the weaponry is top-notch. The single ER Medium Laser provides good firepower to deter pursuing forces or engage light armor, but won't provide enough force to turn the tide of a battle. The Beagle Active Probe has been developed by Nashan Diversified and can integrate with other sensor systems to provide a detailed battle map. This information can be radioed to friendly units.
- Experimental Technical Readout: RetroTech, p. 4