|Died||21 July 3029|
|Title(s)|| Supreme Lord|
Duke of Thomas
|Children|| Nikoli Ridzik|
Angelina Ilyanova (illegitimate)
Pavel Ridzik (born 2968 – died 3028) was a Capellan Confederation nobleman, Former Strategic Military Director of the Capellan Armed Forces, and the Supreme Lord of the short-lived Tikonov Free Republic.  Pavel was born on Highspire, and held the title of Duke of Thomas and Lord of Grand Base while loyal to the Capellan Confederation.
Personality and Appearance
Service of Capellan Confederation
- 2990 - Ridzik assisted Maximilian Liao in unseating his father Tormax Liao in a bloodless coup. Maximilian put Ridzik in charge of his father's safety after the coup.
- 2991 - Chancellor Liao rewards Ridzik with command of the Stapleton's Iron Hand for assisting him in gaining the Chancellorship. The Colonel relinquished his command of the Prefectorate Guard, and transferred to his new command.
- 2992 - Ridzik was promoted by the Chancellor to the position of Strategic Military Director of the Capellan Confederation two weeks after the mysterious demise of the former Chancellor.
- 3011 - The world of Thomas is attacked, and as a Duke of Thomas, Ridzik lead the counterattack with Trimaldi's Secutors and a mercenary unit, the Waco Rangers, against the 42nd Avalon Hussars. His actions lead to breaking of the FedSun's siege on the planet.
- 3020 - Ridzik was a given special mission from the Chancellor. He led a mixed force of Maskirovka agents and Hussar officers to the world of Truth. His force masqueraded as a rogue mercenary unit, and killed more than 3,000 religious members of a group known as the Pan-Humanist Congregation.
- August 3028 - Colonel Ridzik accompanied the Chancellor's delegation/family to Hanse Davion and Melissa Steiner's wedding on Terra. He is secretly spied by his "aide" Alexi Malenkov while having a tryst with the Chancellor's wife Elizabeth Jordan Liao.
Fourth Succession War
In December, Ridzik sends a plea for aid reaffirming his dedication to the Confederation despite his Tikonov Commonality being cut off from rest of the Confederation. He request that his regiment, Stapleton's Iron Hand and other forces that have fallen back be brought to position where they can strike and retake Tikonov from the 8th Crucis Lancers. The Eighth according to the Colonel's intelligence is the only unit on world. On Sian, the Chancellor is dubious of the Colonel's motives and plans. Unknown to Ridzik, he orders the Colonel be eliminated on the charge of treason. Ridzik receives word from Sian that his plan is rejected.
In February, 3029 - He is rescued from an assassination attempt by an agent from Sian by Davion agents.  He then agrees to see Hanse Davion and agrees to work with him. This leads to him founding his own realm,the Tikonov Free Republic.
Supreme Lord of the Tikonov Free Republic
Brokering a deal with Hanse Davion, Senior Colonel Ridzik becomes the Supreme Lord of Tikonov Free Republic. His republic consisting of Tikonov Commonality. However, he is denied his nation's homeworld of Tikonov. He is given a Davion Liaison, Hanse Davions close friend, General Ardan Sortek. The two do not get along, secretly Sortek calling Ridzik The Littlest Tzar to Hanse Davion.
In June, Prince Davion requested that Colonel Ridzik use his forces to attack the Free Worlds League. Ridzik has his forces do so and they claim several new territories, preventing them from counter attacking House Davion & his own new realm. Lyran forces assist in his efforts, cleaning up worlds and making sure they are secure.
July 21st, 3029 on Elgin, Ridzik complained to his Davion liaison officer, General Sortek. The Colonel vented his frustrations at having to move his JumpShip assets from various worlds as this could lead him to feel that he was vulnerable. The conversation was one that Davion General had expected, Ridzik complaining about the continually forestalled return of the would-be capital world of his republic. Sortek, turned to him and said, "Unless Hanse Davion pulled the economic aid he was pumping into Ridzik's republic, he would have to wait. For Tikonov to be returned to his Republic control."
After the meeting, Ridzik was highly annoyed with Sortek and his new master, Hanse Davion. He maps out the worlds Sortek had requested that he move his JumpShips too. He suspected that Hanse Davion was arranging transport of his wife, who was traveling to New Avalon. Frustrated, he plots to kill Sortek and kidnap Davion's wife. Before he can put these plans into action an aide comes to him, handing him a small package containing a verigraphed and magkey to a hotel room. To his astonishment the verigraph is from the Chancellor's wife Elizabeth Jordan Liao whom he had had an affair with saying that she had come to join him. Happy at the turn of events, Ridzik believes he can finally use Jordan's arrival to get back at Maximilian.
Later that evening after arriving at the hotel room, he is shot with a nerve agent on a poisoned dart by the same female agent who had planted the bomb that failed to kill him six months earlier. As he is dying the agent tells him that Romano Liao had ordered this assassination and she had Elizabeth Liao write the verigraph before killing her. She leaves him on the floor of the room, helplessly dying.
Ironically, Ridzik's death did not benefit the Capellans, but was in fact a great help to the Federated Suns. Not only put an end to Ridzik's plans to kill Sortek and capture Melissa Steiner, but after Ridzik's death, Ardan Sortek succeeded him as a provisional leader of the Republic. The new state did not long survive the death of it's "founder": after the war, his population voted to join the Sarna March of Federated Commonwealth.
Pavel was survived by his only known sons: the twins Yuri Ridzik and Nikoli Ridzik. After the division of the Commonwealth and collapse of Sarna March after Operation Guerrero, both Ridziks raised an Army and tried to resurrect the Republic, but they failed: in 3059, in the planet Hall, his army was destroyed by William Baranov forces and both, apparently, killed. Years later, the Word of Blake "created" two fake Yuri and Nikoli, to sew the chaos in Hall, but both impostors were killed. Pavel also had a illegitimate daughter, named Angelina Ilyanova. In 3060, she was the commanding officer of Second Janissaries of St. Ives Compact. The Hauptmann General Caleb Peleas, commander of the Tikonov Republican Guard in 3060, and native of Tikonov, is rumored to be another illegitimate children of Ridzik, but it isn't confirmed.
Prior to him leaving the Confederation, he tried to court Candice Liao as his consort in a bid to become more powerful. His ambitions are to take the Capella chancellorship. 
Romano Liao had considered taking him as a Consort to help consolidate her holdings while planning to grab the throne for herself.
- Warrior: Coupé, p. 128 - "Pavel Ridzik character profile" - Age 57 in year 3025
- BattleTech: Legends, p. 60
- Warrior: Coupé, pp. 179-180 - "Ridzik is assassinated".
- Kings and Pawns Scenario pg. 14-15
- Touring the Stars: Hall, p. 6
- Field Manual Capellan Confederation p. 112
- Warrior: Coupé, p. 173 - "Title Supreme Lord used".
- Warrior: Riposte page 213 - Alexi Malenkov says Ridzik is a womanizer to Justin.
- Warrior: Riposte, p. 168 - "Pavel Ridzik arrives at wedding with Alexi Malenkov in tow".
- House Liao (The Capellan Confederation), p. 128 - "Pavel Ridzik profile - Max gives his father into the care of Ridzik".
- House Liao (The Capellan Confederation), p. 90 - "Stapleton's Iron Hand unit profile".
- House Liao (The Capellan Confederation), p. 86 - "Trimaldi's Secutors unit profile" - Duke of Thomas (Ridzik) leads counterassault against Davion invaders.
- House Liao (The Capellan Confederation), p. 62, 128 - "Lesson in Faith & Pavel Ridzik profile".
- The Sword and the Dagger, Chapter 1
- Warrior: Riposte, p. 212 - "Alexi Malenkov reports to Justin Xiang that, Ridzik is having a tryst with Lady Elizabeth Liao".
- Warrior: Riposte, p. 269 - "Tsen Shang suspects, Senior Colonel's presence on Elgin, may been reason the Fusiliers did not immediately leave world to avenge the destroyed sister unit, Marion's Highlanders".
- Warrior: Riposte, pp. 270-271, 275 - "Ridzik message to the Chancellor, and his ejection. Maximilian orders Ridzik death on treason he possibly going to commit".
- Warrior: Riposte, p. 293 - "Ridzik fumes over Chancellor's rejection of his plan re-take Tikonov".
- Warrior: Riposte, pp. 294-295 - "Ridzik is surprised his rescuers are Davion agents and woman had been sent by Sian to kill him".
- Warrior: Coupé, p. 132 - "Hanse remember Holovid he received from Ardan remarking his true feelings for Colonel Ridzik".
- Field Manual: Lyran Alliance, p. 108 - "2nd Republican bio" - Early actions as part of the Tikonov Free Republic.
- Warrior: Coupé, p. 165 - "Quintus Allard reports to Hanse Davion that Ridzik forces have claims some worlds from the League, with Lyran assistance".
- Warrior: Coupé, p. 171 - "Lord Colonel Ridzik press for return of Tikonov".
- Warrior: Coupé, pp. 175-176 - "Ridzik fed up with Davion keepers, plots to kidnap Melissa Steiner-Davion & murder Ardan Sortek".
- Warrior: Coupé, pp. 146-147 - "Romano furious at Pavel Ridzik fending for himself with Hanse Davion. Decides to have him eliminated".
- Warrior: Coupé, pp. 178-180 - "Ridzik is killed by same female assassin as before".
- Field Manual Capellan Confederation p. 112
- Field Manual: Federated Suns p. 104
- House Liao (The Capellan Confederation), p. 126 - "Pavel Ridzik character profile" - Personality:secretly trying to gain hand of Candice Liao
- Warrior: Coupé, p. 146 - "Romano enraged with Ridzik had taken Elizabeth Liao over her. Mad she thought considering him to consolidate her power base".