Perseus-Cepherus Cloud Complex
- "Mech Merc Company" - A Love Letter To MechWarrior 2, Now On Steam Early Access
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For April 2020
- What ‘Mech Would You Survive The Coronavirus Outbreak In?
- MechCombat from Ralph H. Reed
- Catalyst, Coronavirus, And Clan Invasions - Interview With BattleTech Art Director Brent Evans
- Read more →
|Perseus-Cepherus Cloud Complex|
|X:Y Coordinates||-82.10 : -1,127.85[e]|
The Perseus-Cepherus Cloud Complex was the name given to an immensely-sized molecular cloud (or stellar nursery) rimward of the borders of the Taurian Concordat and Magistracy of Canopus. Though maps indicate the California and Flying Bat Nebulas and the Cepheus Cloud as distinct regions, in astronomical terms, they (and other features) comprise the larger complex. The nature of gas, dust, and radiation in the region have prevented settlements in the quantity seen equidistantly located in other parts of the Deep Periphery. The provided coordinates designate the complex's center point.
The Perseus-Cepherus Cloud Complex was first identified in 2012 with the publication of Interstellar Players 3: Interstellar Expeditions. Other than the location of the complex and its definition as a molecular cloud, no information was provided on the feature; in the absence of further information on the Deep Periphery, no further detail is likely to be available on the Perseus-Cepherus Cloud Complex.
- Interstellar Players 3: Interstellar Expeditions, p. 76, "Deep Periphery (Rimward Sector)"
- Interstellar Players 3: Interstellar Expeditions, p. 81, "Astrographical Overview"