- Community Outreach - Pajama Boy Talks About Making Fan-Made MechAssault Game, Wolves
- MechWarrior 5 Mod Editor Has Been Released
- Community Outreach - CJF Dolgfer Roshak And Lego BattleTech
- Fan-Made MechAssault Game, Wolves, Releases Demo
- All I Want For Christmas Is My Whitworth In MechWarrior 5
- Read more →
Phecda nearby systems (3151)
|X:Y Coordinates||-74.451 : -1.595[e]|
Note: X and Y are coordinates (light years on XY plane) relative to Terra at (0, 0)
| Jump point
|Moons||2 (Vondra and Xanthippe)|
|Atmospheric pressure||Standard (Breathable)|
|Highest native life||Plants|
|Ruler|| Aubrey Gerhardine (Governor)|
Vladislav Durko (Planetary Legate)
- 2271 - Inhabited world 
- 2341 - Inhabited world 
- 2571 - Lyran Commonwealth 
- 2596 - Lyran Commonwealth 
- 2750 - Lyran Commonwealth 
- 2764 - Lyran Commonwealth 
- 2765 - Lyran Commonwealth 
- 2786 - Lyran Commonwealth 
- 2822 - Lyran Commonwealth 
- 2864 - Lyran Commonwealth 
- 3024 - Lyran Commonwealth 
- 3025 - Lyran Commonwealth 
- 3028 - Free Worlds League (from October)
- 3030 - Lyran Commonwealth 
- 3040 - Federated Commonwealth 
- 3050 - Federated Commonwealth 
- 3052 - Federated Commonwealth 
- 3057 - Lyran Alliance 
- 3063 - Lyran Alliance 
- 3067 - Lyran Alliance 
- 3068 - Free Worlds League (from September)
- 3075 - Word of Blake Protectorate 
- 3077 - Word of Blake Protectorate 
- 3081 - Republic of the Sphere 
- 3085 - Republic of the Sphere 
- 3130 - Republic of the Sphere 
- 3135 - Independent world 
- 3145 - Wolf Empire 
Phecda's orbit has slightly shifted, taking it further away from the system star. This means that Phecda's surface temperature has been dropping for the past few hundred years and more and more of its surface water is being hidden underneath growing polar icecaps. The elongated orbit also makes traveling to Phecda very time consuming. As Phecda relies on interstellar trade for everything it needs to support human life, reducing this travel time is critical. During the Star League the people of Phecda had placed four stations between the world and the jump points, which allowed traders to transship their cargo more quickly. The trader would drop off his cargo at the first station and pick up his outbound cargo of water purifiers built on Phecda, returning to the jump point. The cargo that was delivered to the first station would then be shuttled to the next station, where it would be dropped off and a new group of water purifiers would be taken to the first station. The second station would then deliver materials to Phecda and return with a load of water purifiers. This let the interstellar traders make more of a profit and allowed the Phecdans to survive.
Unfortunately these mid-point stations were destroyed in the Succession Wars. As a result, Phecda's population slowly dropped and by the end of the Succession Wars Phecda was little more than a military outpost whose only value lay in its position.
First Succession War
Phecda was one of a number of Lyran Commonwealth border worlds to be struck by a devastating cross-border raids by the Free Worlds League between 2786 and 2790, as the Lyran Commonwealth Armed Forces began to crack under the pressure of continuing efforts to annex the Bolan Thumb while also attempting to maintain a defensive posture against both the Draconis Combine Mustered Soldiery and the Free Worlds League Military.
Third Succession War
In 3024 the mercenary unit - and noted treasure hunters - Snord's Irregulars discovered the remains of a Colossus-class DropShip on Phecda. The DropShip had been buried, but had retained it's structural integrity despite the length of time the vessel had been buried; Snord's Irregulars managed to salvage a stockpile of spare parts and 'Mechs from the DropShip, and the Lyran Commonwealth later cannibalized the DropShip itself. Snord's Irregulars had been assigned to Phecda because of raids launched by the Free Worlds League Military; the Commonwealth had been attempting to construct a large water purification plant on the planet, but the League kept attacking and destroying the plant while it was being built. Snord's interest in the battles on Phecda were based around information he had obtained indicating that a Colossus-class DropShip that had crashed in fairly intact shape on the planet during the fall of the Star League. Aware of League spies on Phecda, Snord gave the impression that his unit, true to their reputation, was more occupied with chasing lost treasures than defending. A mock "water purification plant" was built in the place of the previous one, while the efforts were made to construct the real plant in secret a few kilometers away, at the site of the Irregulars’ supposed treasure hunt. As Snord had anticipated, the spies did not look for a second plant when one was apparently being built in plain sight in the usual spot. As expected, a FWLM company attacked when the plant was reportedly near completion, but the false compound turned out to be a trap filled with explosives. What remained of the League force was mopped up over the next two days, and according to Snord’s official report he estimated that only three to five enemy 'Mechs made it back to their DropShip. It was during the battle that an Irregulars' scout 'Mech found something metallic under the ice that turned out to be the lost DropShip. The Irregulars recovered a fortune in items including many functional BattleMechs and well-preserved supplies from the derelict. All of the superior weapon systems and sophisticated lostech was secretly moved to the Irregulars' base on Clinton for investigation. An appropriate share of the findings, stripped of all advanced technology, was handed over to Archon Katrina Steiner in recognition of the support she had given the Irregulars over the years - although Cranston Snord had secretly been ordered by Colonel Jaime Wolf to hold back any advanced technology, and to add only one additional company of 'Mechs to the Irregulars.
Fourth Succession War
In October 3028 Phecda was targeted by the Free Worlds League Military as a part of Operation DAGGER, the offensive planned by Captain-General Janos Marik to seize valuable industrial worlds in the Federation of Skye. Thirtieth Marik Militia arrived in-system on the 1st of October as League invasion forces were jumping into other systems nearby as part of an offensive intended to isolate and then destroy two Lyran line regiments, the Eleventh Lyran Guards and the Seventeenth Arcturan Guards, both stationed on Wyatt. Although the plan to destroy the two Lyran regiments was unsuccessful, the League did capture Phecda.
Following the invasion of the Free Worlds League by the Skye and Bolan Provinces of the Lyran Alliance in what was termed Operation ÜBERSCHATTEN, Marshall Jeremy Brett took command of the local FWLM and launched a counteroffensive, under the name Operation BROKEN FIST. BROKEN FIST went beyond simply attempting to recapture worlds that the Lyrans had seized, striking into Lyran space at numerous worlds. Phecda was one of the worlds hit and was captured by the League on the 1st of September 3068.
The Word of Blake occupied Phecda later during the Jihad, incorporating it into the Word of Blake Protectorate. Forces fighting on the Lyran front of Operation SCOUR liberated Phecda in January 3078, although the commanding officer on the Lyran front, Duke Robert Kelswa-Steiner, took critical injuries during the battle for Phecda and had to transfer command of the Lyran front to Gregory Kelswa-Steiner. On the 14th of February, after Group IV had completed the conquest of Phecda, Duke Kelswa-Steiner gave an interview to Marlena Stockheart of SBC; the Duke made a point of highlighting that Gregory Kelswa-Steiner's performance to date and his grasp of matters such as logistics and strategy as a part of Operation SCOUR had attracted praise from many quarters, including saKhan Ivan Kerensky, the Duke's second in command.
- Sixteenth Skye Rangers
- Harlock's Warriors
- Harlock's Warriors
- Harlock's Warriors
- Dark Age: Republic Worlds (3130), p. 192, "Phecda World Profile"
- Handbook: House Marik, p. 16, "Free Worlds League Founding "
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 13, "Federation of Skye world after at their founding in "
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 25, "Lyran Commonwealth after Age of War "
- Historical: Reunification War, p. 159, "Inner Sphere Map "
- Era Report: 2750, p. 37, "Inner Sphere - 2750"
- Field Manual: SLDF, p. vii, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1, p. 11, "Inner Sphere - 2765"
- First Succession War (Source Book), pp. 24-25, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 36, "Lyran Commonwealth after First Succession War "
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 2, p. 122-123, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- First Succession War (Source Book), pp. 112-113, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 40, "Lyran Commonwealth after Second Succession War "
- Cranston Snord's Irregulars, p. 7
- Rhonda's Irregulars, p. 7
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 47, "Lyran Commonwealth after Third Succession War  Map"
- NAIS The Fourth Succession War Military Atlas Volume 1, p. 62, "Operation DAGGER"
- NAIS The Fourth Succession War Military Atlas Volume 1, p. 63, "Operation DAGGER"
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 56, "Lyran Commonwealth after Fourth Succession War  Map"
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 59, "Lyran Commonwealth after War of 3039  Map"
- Historical: War of 3039, p. 133, "Inner Sphere - 3040"
- Era Report: 3052, p. 11, "Inner Sphere - 3050"
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 61, "Lyran Commonwealth after Clan Invasion  Map"
- Era Report: 3052, p. 23, "Inner Sphere - 3052"
- Era Report: 3062, p. 11, "Inner Sphere Map "
- Era Report: 3062, p. 29, "Inner Sphere Map "
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 70, "Lyran Commonwealth after FedCom Civil War -  Nao"
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 42-43, "Inner Sphere - October 3067"
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 58, "The Jihad in Review"
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents, p. 63, "Inner Sphere - 3075"
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 63, "Inner Sphere Map - [March 3081]"
- Field Manual: 3085, p. vii, "Inner Sphere Map - [October 3085]"
- Map of the Inner Sphere 3130
- Era Report: 3145, p. 10, "Inner Sphere - 3135"
- Era Report: 3145, p. 39, "Inner Sphere - 3145"
- Field Manual: 3145, p. VI, "Inner Sphere - 3145"
- First Succession War, p. 62, "The War of Raids: House Steiner's Succession War"
- Technical Readout: 3075, p. 198, "Colossus"
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 45, "The Jihad In Review"
- Jihad Hot Spots: Terra, p. 65-66, "Phecda: Tragedy And Triumph"
- Field Report 2765: LCAF, pp. 18-19, "Skye Rangers" - Regimental Status
- First Succession War (Source Book), p. 139, "First Succession War Deployment Table - LCAF"
- House Steiner (The Lyran Commonwealth), p. 117, "Unit Deployment Table"
- Historical: War of 3039, p. 137, "Deployment Table"
- Historical: War of 3039, p. 141, "Deployment Table"
- 20 Year Update, p. 27, "Federated Commonwealth Deployment Table"
- Objective Raids, p. 19, "FedCom Deployment Table"
- Shattered Sphere, p. 47, "Lyran Alliance Deployment Table"
- Field Manual: 3145, p. 170, "Clan Force Deployments - Wolf Empire"
- 20 Year Update
- Cranston Snord's Irregulars
- Dark Age: Republic Worlds (3130)
- Era Report: 2750
- Era Report: 3052
- Era Report: 3062
- Era Report: 3145
- Field Manual: 3085
- Field Manual: 3145
- Field Manual: SLDF
- Field Report 2765: LCAF
- First Succession War
- Handbook: House Marik
- Handbook: House Steiner
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 2
- Historical: Reunification War
- Historical: War of 3039
- House Kurita (The Draconis Combine)
- House Steiner (The Lyran Commonwealth)
- Jihad: Final Reckoning
- Jihad Hot Spots: Terra
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents
- Map of the Inner Sphere 3130
- NAIS The Fourth Succession War Military Atlas Volume 1
- Objective Raids
- Rhonda's Irregulars
- Shattered Sphere
- Technical Readout: 3075