Pike (combat vehicle)
- This article is about the combat vehicle. For the Pike system (with the planet Pike IV), see Pike (system).
|Pike Support Vehicle|
|Manufacturer||Canopus Industries Alpha|
|Engine||Jones 180 with EmissionKill internal combustion engine|
|Communications System||Magestrix Alpha|
|Targeting Tracking System||Magestrix Gamma|
The Pike was created at the direction of Magestrix Kyalla Centrella of the Magistracy of Canopus during the later part of the Third Succession War. Her plan was to produce an inexpensive combat vehicle so the Great Houses would wear down their BattleMech armies through attrition, and the Pike would be the tool she envisioned for the task. However, sending vehicles to market in the Inner Sphere was to be more costly than anticipated. With the Great Houses' shrinking numbers of ships in their JumpShip fleets, the vehicle did not make the impact she had hoped it would.
It became a favorite of ComStar's growing garrison forces for their HPG complexes.
Weapons and Equipment
The vehicle's primary weaponry is its three long-range Class 2 Autocannons. The ZeusBolt ACs have been given 5 tons of ammunition to snipe targets at distance. For close-in defense, the vehicle was given a pair of Marklin Mini Missile SRM 2 Packs with a ton of ammunition.
The vehicle was given 9 tons of StarSlab/9 Armor to protect its hull from damage. Its engine is capable of accelerating the Pike to 54 km/h.
- This 3004 version replaces the three Autocannon/2s with two Autocannon/5s and seven tons of ammunition. BV (2.0) = 715
- This 2993 version replaces the three Autocannon/2s with two LRM-20s and three tons of ammunition. BV (2.0) = 943
- Rotary Autocannon Upgrade/"Assault Pike"
- Debuting in 3062, this variant of the Pike carries three Rotary Autocannon/2s in the turret with four tons of ammunition. A Small Laser mounted on the front discourages infantry attacks. The I.C.E was changed to a fusion engine. Furthermore the protection was increased to 9,5 tons Ferro-Fibrous. BV (1.0) = 557 BV (2.0) = 961
- The Clans have also built a version of the Pike. It carries slightly more armor and a single ER Small Laser in a front mount. The ZeusBolt ACs have been replaced by five Ultra AC/2s. Four tons of ammunition are carried in a CASE-protected bay. BV (2.0) = 892
- In German products, the unit's proper name was altered to Landhecht.
Original Pike from TRO:3026
Decolorized reprint of Landhecht (Pike) from German HWH:3031
Pike from TRO:3026 Revised
Pike from TRO:3039
Pike from RG:iClan vol. 30
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 Technical Readout: 3026 Revised, pp. 70-71, "Pike Profile"
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 2.5 Technical Readout: 3039, pp. 76-77, "Pike Support Vehicle Profile"
- ↑ MUL online date for the Pike (combat vehicle)
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 Technical Readout: 3026, pp. 66-67, "Pike Vehicle Profile"
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3039 Unabridged, p. 127
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3039 Unabridged, p. 128
- ↑ Record Sheets: Upgrades
- ↑ Pike Assault Tank Record Sheet Download (dead link)
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3058 Unabridged (Inner Sphere), p. 144
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3058 Unabridged (Inner Sphere), p. 143