- Community Outreach - The Robert N. Charrette Collection
- New Heavy Metal Trailer For HBS’ BattleTech Reveals New ‘Mech: The Bull Shark
- You Can Now Play MechWarrior 2 And MechWarrior 2: Mercenaries On Your Browser... Sort Of
- Talking BattleTech Fiction with Philip A. Lee
- Community Outreach - Tex Talks BattleTech
- Read more →
Pike IV neighboring systems
|X:Y Coordinates||20.153 : 39.24[e]|
Note: X and Y are coordinates (light years on XY plane) relative to Terra at (0, 0)
| Jump point
|Atmospheric pressure||High (Breathable)|
|Highest native life||Mammals|
|Ruler|| Maureen Elaris (Governor)|
Carl Snuka (Planetary Legate)
|Capital||Rolfshire & Stratopolis|
- 2271 - Inhabited world 
- 2319 - Inhabited world 
- 2341 - Terran Hegemony 
- 2571 - Terran Hegemony 
- 2596 - Terran Hegemony 
- 2750 - Terran Hegemony 
- 2764 - Terran Hegemony 
- 2765 - Terran Hegemony 
- 2771 - Amaris Empire 
- 2773 - Terran Hegemony (from March)
- 2822 - Draconis Combine 
- 2864 - Draconis Combine 
- 3025 - Draconis Combine 
- 3030 - Draconis Combine 
- 3040 - Draconis Combine 
- 3050 - Draconis Combine 
- 3052 - Draconis Combine 
- 3057 - Draconis Combine 
- 3063 - Draconis Combine 
- 3067 - Draconis Combine 
- 3075 - Word of Blake Protectorate 
- 3079 - Word of Blake Protectorate 
- 3081 - Republic of the Sphere 
- 3085 - Republic of the Sphere 
- 3130 - Republic of the Sphere 
- 3135 - Independent world 
- 3145 - Draconis Combine 
Pike IV was one of the worlds that was abandoned by the Terran Alliance following the Outer Reaches Rebellion and the Demarcation Declaration of 2242, but by the end of the Reunification War Pike IV had become one of the worlds within the Lone Star Province of the Terran Hegemony.
Pike IV was settled originally for its large amounts of mineral wealth. The scarcity of water and the high atmospheric pressure made colonization difficult, but the sheer amount of ore available made the effort worthwhile. The different conditions in the two main population bands has created a unique society divided into "highlanders" and "lowlanders". The "highlanders" founded their cities in the mountains of Blight and Erubis, the two northern continents. These mountains were lashed by frequent windstorms; to protect their cities the highlanders built thick walls around them. In contrast to the approach taken by the highlanders, the "lowlanders" settled in low-slung sealed buildings that let the less powerful windstorms flow over them. The two very different lifestyles led to an "us vs. them" mentality that led to symbolic fights between the two groups as each tried to maximize their resources.
During the Star League-era, the Terran Hegemony sent negotiators to work out a compromise during the worst conflict. An argument escalated into a brushfire war on the world with highlanders pitted against lowlanders. Though they worked out a compromise, these tensions affected their defenses from the fall of the Star League until the current time. In 3012 for example, raiders met resistance from highlanders and lowlanders, but local politics hampered the command structure and allowed the raiders to inflict millions of C-Bills of damage on Paramus.
The capital city of the highlanders is Stratopolis, and the capital city of the lowlanders is Rolfshire.
War of 3039
In the War of 3039 the 30th Lyran Guards and Hansen's Roughriders landed on Pike IV. They faced a few battalions of armor and a regiment's worth of IndustrialMechs with jury-rigged weaponry. Though they drove off the militia armor with direct combat, the Lyran forces used artillery to destroy the regiment of armed IndustrialMechs. The local population had no love for the Lyrans, but didn't really like the Combine either. In any event when the 5th Sword of Light and 24th Dieron Regulars arrived, the LCAF units had to fight hard. the LCAF forces put up stiff resistance, and the arrival of the 17th Skye Rangers provided more strength for the Lyrans. The battlefront eventually stabilized and the DCMS troops were in a poor position when two things changed the situation: First the Roughrider's contract expired and they withdrew from the field. The other factor was the arrival of a recall order from the LCAF High Command. Though Pike might've fallen to the Lyran Commonwealth, the LCAF forces on world retreated.
Pike IV was occupied by the Word of Blake during the Jihad; forces from Clan Ghost Bear and Clan Snow Raven acting in support of Devlin Stone's allied coalition assaulted Pike IV in September 3076, one of three campaigns fought that month by the combined clan forces. The Ghost Bears assigned Theta Galaxy to the attack; Theta was a primarily defensive Galaxy that had been moved into an offensive role due to the heavy damage other elements of Beta Wave took during an attack on Ascella the year before. Pike IV was the second attack to be launched by Theta, which had attacked Moore in July 3076; the attack on Moore had gone poorly, with Theta taking heavy casualties that could've been avoided, but the Pike IV campaign was an even poorer showing on Theta's part. Of particular concern to the Dominion Council was the destruction of the Seventh Phalanx, which was lost after elements of the Thirtieth Provisional Garrison Cluster refused to come to the assistance of the Seventh.
| Systems within 60 light-years (distance in light years)|
Closest systems first:
|Kervil||20.69||Telos IV||24.82||Lambrecht||25.08||Imbros III||27.39||Asta||29.73|
|New Stevens||47.52||Al Na'ir||47.95||Atria||48.59||Miyazaki||49.54||Sabik||50.67|
|Kaus Australis||58.68||Nusakan||58.97||Terra||59.39||Bryant||59.45||Rigil Kentarus||59.71|
- Dark Age: Republic Worlds (3130), p. 35, "Pike IV World Profile"
- Handbook: House Marik, p. 16, "Free Worlds League Founding ["
- Handbook: House Kurita, p. 18, "Draconis Combine Founding" - 2319
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 13, "Lyran Commonwealth Founding "
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 25, "Lyran Commonwealth after Age of War "
- Handbook: House Kurita, p. 31, "Draconis Combine after Age of War - 2571"
- Historical: Reunification War, p. 159, "Inner Sphere - 2596"
- Era Report: 2750, p. 37, "Inner Sphere - 2750"
- Field Manual: SLDF, Inner Sphere - 
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1, p. 11, "Inner Sphere - 2765"
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1, p. 138, "Operation LIBERATION Wave 1 [July 2772 - December 2774]"
- Handbook: House Kurita, p. 43, "Draconis Combine after First Succession War - 2822"
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 36, "Lyran Commonwealth after First Succession War "
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 2, p. 122-123, "Inner Sphere - 2822"
- Handbook: House Kurita, p. 53, "Draconis Combine after Second Succession War - 2864"
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 40, "Lyran Commonwealth after Second Succession War "
- House Kurita (The Draconis Combine), "Draconis Combine Map - "
- Handbook: House Kurita, p. 64, "Draconis Combine after Third Succession War - 3025"
- House Steiner (The Lyran Commonwealth), Lyran Commonwealth Map 
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 47, "Lyran Commonwealth after Third Succession War  Map"
- Handbook: House Kurita, p. 66, "Draconis Combine after Fourth Succession War - 3030"
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 56, "Lyran Commonwealth after Fourth Succession War  Map"
- Historical: War of 3039, p. 133, "Inner Sphere - 3040"
- Handbook: House Kurita, p. 68, "Draconis Combine after War of 3039 - 3040"
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 59, "Lyran Commonwealth after War of 3039  Map"
- Era Report: 3052, p. 11, "Inner Sphere - 3050"
- Era Report: 3052, p. 23, "Inner Sphere - 3052"
- Handbook: House Kurita, p. 71, "Draconis Combine after Operation REVIVAL - 3052"
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 61, "Lyran Commonwealth after Clan Invasion  Map"
- Era Report: 3062, p. 11, "Inner Sphere - 3057"
- Era Report: 3062, p. 29, "Inner Sphere - 3063"
- Handbook: House Kurita, p. 74, "Draconis Combine after FedCom Civil War - 3067"
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 70, "Lyran Commonwealth after FedCom Civil War  Map"
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 42, "Inner Sphere Map - [October 3067]
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents, p. 65, "Inner Sphere "
- Field Report: DCMS, p. 21, "Draconis Combine Mustered Soldiery Deployment Map - August 3079"
- Field Report: LAAF, p. 19, "Lyran Alliance Deployment Table "
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 63, "Inner Sphere Map - [March 3081]"
- Field Manual: 3085, p. 127, "Inner Sphere Map - [October 3085]"
- Map of the Inner Sphere 3130
- Era Report: 3145, p. 11, "Inner Sphere Map - "
- Era Report: 3145, p. 39, "Inner Sphere Map - "
- Field Manual: 3145, p. VI, "Inner Sphere - 3145"
- Historical: War of 3039, p. 38
- Historical: War of 3039, pp. 84-86
- Jihad Hot Spots: Terra, p. 22, "Timeline of the Jihad"
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 56, "The Jihad In Review"
- Field Report: Clans, p. 9, "Theta Galaxy"
- Dark Age: Republic Worlds (3130)
- Era Report: 2750
- Era Report: 3052
- Era Report: 3062
- Era Report: 3145
- Field Manual: 3085
- Field Manual: 3145
- Field Manual: SLDF
- Field Report: DCMS
- Field Report: LAAF
- Field Report: Clans
- Handbook: House Kurita
- Handbook: House Marik
- Handbook: House Steiner
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1
- Historical: Reunification War
- Historical: War of 3039
- House Kurita (The Draconis Combine)
- House Steiner (The Lyran Commonwealth)
- Jihad: Final Reckoning
- Jihad Hot Spots: Terra
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents
- Map of the Inner Sphere 3130