Pinard Protectorates Limited
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For June, 2021
- Community Outreach - The Cauldron's Bear_cl4w and Krasnopesky Talk MechWarrior Online
- MechWarrior Online's Renaissance Is All Thanks To The Developers Putting Players In Charge
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For May, 2021
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For April 2021
- Read more →
|Pinard Protectorates Limited|
|Primary Site(s)|| MacLeod's Land|
|Primary Products|| Aerospace Fighter|
A privately held company, Pinard Protectorates Limited was founded in 3020. Most of its contracts come from the Taurian Concordat government, but focus on the planetary militia level rather than the TDF level. Small arms and personal armor are what allowed PPL to expand after incorporating, and they have never forgotten it.
Though persistent rumors suggest that Pinard Protectorates Limited produces the Rommel tank, this isn't correct. The company was briefly merged with the Alphard Trading Corporation, which led to a joint venture with ATC and Kali-Yama Industries. PPL builds the engines and several other parts used in the J. Edgar and Fulcrum hovercraft produced by this joint venture.
The Pinard Protectorate facilities on the water-world of Perdition consist of three separate factories on miniature islands. The defenders here must use large, vulnerable air and sea transports to move reinforcements between factories, because traveling along the sea bottom by 'Mech is too slow to be practical for the distances involved. A fourth facility, once a part of PPL, has resumed independent operations as the Taurian branch of Alphard Trading Corporation.
Hansen's Roughriders destroyed all the manufacturing facilities on MacLeod's Land in 3074. The company gambled by trying to expand the Perdition facility, but in July of 3075 two-thirds of those production lines were destroyed by Longwood's Bluecoats as they turned traitor and joined the Roughriders' attack on pro-Taurian facilities. In late 3076 Pinard Protectorates Limited was teetering on the edge of bankruptcy and both Taurus Territorial Industries and Vandenburg Mechanized Industries began to consider acquiring PPL.
The CEO of Pinard Protectorates Limited is Linus MacLeod.
Pinard Protectorates Limited has manufacturing centers on the following planets:
Note: These facilities were destroyed by Hansen's Roughriders in 3074. By 3079, the remaining 10% of their workforce had returned to work, and the factory was operating at 20% of its maximum output. Production of the Locust started in 3079, and Clint and Stinger 'Mechs were the company's next priorities.
|Components produced on MacLeod's Land:|
|LCT-1V Locust||Light BattleMech|
|LCT-5T Locust||Light BattleMech|
|LCT-5V Locust||Light BattleMech|
|STG-5R Stinger||Light BattleMech|
|STG-3R Stinger||Light BattleMech|
|STG-5T Stinger||Light BattleMech|
|CLNT-3-3T Clint||Medium BattleMech|
|Asterion||Medium Battle Armor|
|Marauder (Battle Armor)||Heavy Battle Armor|
|Bulldog Medium Truck||Wheeled Vehicles|
|Chilton 360||Stinger and Clint|
|SperryBrowning||Shipped to Pinard and Taurus for Thunderbolt and Warhammer to Sterope for APC and Taurus for Marshal|
|Light Machine Gun|
|Machine Gun Array|
|Protectorate Array Assembly||Locust|
|Deprus Swarmshot|||
Note: Two thirds of these production lines were destroyed by Longwood's Bluecoats in 3075. Between the 3075 attack and subsequent raids by Word of Blake forces all of the industry on Perdition had been destroyed by 3081.
|Components produced on Pinard:|
|Phoenix Hawk||Medium BattleMech|
|MAD-3R Marauder||Heavy BattleMech|
|Plainsman||Hovercraft - Medium Tank|
|Light SRM Carrier||Wheeled Vehicles|
|Bulldog Medium Truck||Wheeled Vehicles - Civilian Support Vehicle|
|Locom-Pack 250|||
|145 Leenex Fusion|||
|Armor - BattleMechs and Vehicles|
|Neil 5000|||
|TracTex Alpha-1|||
|Martell||Marauder /Shipped to MacLeod's Land for Locust, to New Vandenberg for Marauder, to Organo for Sabre, to Perdition for Thunderbird and to Taurus for Locust, Marauder, Warhammer and Lightning|
|Components produced on Organo:|
|SB-27 Sabre||Light Aerospace Fighters|
- Handbook: Major Periphery States, p. 119
- Objective Raids, p. 159, "Pinard Protectorates Limited"
- Masters and Minions: The StarCorps Dossiers, p. 189, "Pinard Protectorates Limited profile"
- Objectives: Periphery, p. 3
- Objectives: Periphery, p. 7
- Objective Raids, p. 158, "Produced Pinard Protectorates Limited Components on MacLeod's Land"
- Technical Readout: 3145 Mercenaries, p. 7, "Produced Marauder Battle Armor"
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 117, "Taurian Concordat"
- Objective Raids, p. 159, "Produced Pinard Protectorates Limited Components on Perdition"
- Technical Readout: 3039, p. 30, "Produced J. Edgar Components"
- Technical Readout: 3060, p. 22, "Produced Light SRM Carrier Components"
- Technical Readout: Vehicle Annex Revised, p. 14, "Bulldog"
- Technical Readout: Vehicle Annex Revised, p. 14, "Pit Bull"
- Objective Raids, p. 160, "Produced Pinard Protectorates Limited Components on Pinard"
- Technical Readout: 3058 Upgrade, p. 80, "Produced Plainsman Vehicle Components"
- Technical Readout: Vehicle Annex, p. 26, "Produced Bulldog Truck Components"
- Objectives: Periphery, p. 9
- Objective Raids, p. 159, "Produced Pinard Protectorates Limited Components on Organo"
- Objectives: Periphery, p. 8
- Handbook: Major Periphery States
- Jihad: Final Reckoning
- Masters and Minions: The StarCorps Dossiers
- Objective Raids
- Technical Readout: 3039
- Technical Readout: 3058 Upgrade
- Technical Readout: 3060
- Technical Readout: 3145 Mercenaries
- Technical Readout: Project Phoenix
- Technical Readout: Vehicle Annex
- Technical Readout: Vehicle Annex Revised
- Objectives: Periphery