- Your BattleTech News Roundup For June, 2021
- Community Outreach - The Cauldron's Bear_cl4w and Krasnopesky Talk MechWarrior Online
- MechWarrior Online's Renaissance Is All Thanks To The Developers Putting Players In Charge
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For May, 2021
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For April 2021
- Read more →
Pintle Mount is a powered yet unarmored turret that can be mounted on a combat, ground, or even air type support vehicle. This mount is intended to allow infantryman to use heavy man-portable weapons up to a half ton in weight. The mount has a limited arc of 180 degrees depending on the vehicle's direction. Due to the limited firing arc, this is rarely seen mounted on Combat Vehicles. The Pintle Mount has existed since the Pre-spaceflight Era.
- Availability - Clan and Inner Sphere and has a Tech Rating of A.
- Pintle Mounts are only able to be equipped with weapons as heavy as .5 tons or less. They can not be fitted with any armor protection and its weight must be equal to five percent of the equipment and weapons mounted on it excluding ammunition rounded up per type of vehicle. For small Support Vehicles, the weight is rounded up to to nearest kilogram, while for combat vehicles it rounded up to closest half-ton. It should be noted only the weapons mounted on the Pintle Mount occupies a critical slot, while pintle mount does not.
- Units Ristrictions: Pintle Mounts are not allowed on Fixed-Wing Support Aircraft, Naval Craft.
- Firing Arc - The equipment can be aimed in a 180 degree arc. When the Pintle Mount is fitted to the front or back of a vehicle, it has the same firing arc as a BattleMech’s Front arc, with the same 3 hex facing. Should it be mounted aft, it would also have 3-hex facing, like the front. When mounted on the sides, the Pintle Mount has the same firing arcs Fore- and Aft-Side arcs that a Spheroid shaped DropShip has. It should be remembered that the mount is limited to the side its been placed.
- Requirements - The vehicle that the Pintle Mount is fitted on must be powered and its designated gunnery crew must be active. If the crew is killed or stunned, they will not be able to use it.
- TechManual, pp. 235,344, "Pintle Mount" - Everything regarding the Pintle Mount, including construction and game rules for using it.