Pinto (Combat Vehicle)
- MechWarrior Online's Renaissance Is All Thanks To The Developers Putting Players In Charge
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For May, 2021
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For April 2021
- Why You Should Actually Trust BattleTech’s Mysteriously Short-Ranged Autocannons
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For March, 2021
- Read more →
|Pinto Attack VTOL|
|Manufacturer||Krupp Armament Works|
|Armor||Krupp Draco-100 Ferro-Fibrous|
|Engine||Robinson 160 Fuse-Pak|
|Communications System||Marshall Long-Talk|
|Targeting Tracking System||GPT Multi-Track|
|BV (1.0)|| 984|
The Pinto Attack VTOL is a speedy VTOL that went into full production in 3055. It is popular amongst the Explorer Corps and the Com Guard in general. Following the conquest of Terra by Word of Blake in 3058, Krupp Armament Works continued to produce the Pinto for the Word of Blake Militia. The Pinto is well-armored for a VTOL with four tons of Ferro-Fibrous armor. It also has a ton of cargo space that is usually used to transport a squad of infantry.
Weapons and Equipment
The Attack VTOL has three Blankenburg Technologies Medium Lasers that it uses to make high-speed passes at enemies. In instances where close-range combat is not desirable, it can still participate with its Magna Longbow-5 LRM-5 launcher that is guided by an Artemis IV FCS.
- Pinto Attack VTOL (WoB)
- This variant of the Pinto was created by the WoB in 3070, and first saw action in the Jihad. The VTOL's engine is swapped out for a XL Engine, which allowed for increase of its payload. The VTOL's infantry bay is increased to 6 ton capacity, to allow for WoB Level I Battle Armor Squad. It has two Extended Range Medium Lasers, and a Artemis IV FCS enhanced Five-Tube Multi-Missile Launcher. The vehicle has 20 SRMs & 24 LRMs for the Launcher. BV (2.0) = 703
- Technical Readout: 3060, pp. 16-17, "Pinto VTOL Profile"
- MUL online date for the Pinto (Combat Vehicle)
- Combat Operations, p. 123
- Record Sheets: 3060, p. 26
- Record Sheets: 3060 Unabridged, p. 31
- Record Sheets: 3060 Unabridged, p. 32 - "Pinto Attack VTOL (WoB)" - Jihad Era variant and its details.