- MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries Has Arrived - Here's What You Can Expect
- The 'Mech That Looks Most Like A Turkey
- Community Outreach - How Michael Todd Met Robert N. Charrette
- Community Outreach - The Robert N. Charrette Collection
- New Heavy Metal Trailer For HBS’ BattleTech Reveals New ‘Mech: The Bull Shark
- Read more →
|Class||Light Aerospace Fighter|
|Tech Base||Inner Sphere|
|Power Plant||Magna 245 XL|
|Communications System||SecureComm 867|
|Tracking & Targeting System||Kallon Victory Tracker Delta|
|Heat Sinks||11 Double Heat Sinks|
|BV (2.0)|| 1,310|
The Poignard is a light Aerospace Fighter that was produced by Kallon Industries in 3083. The craft was originally conceived as an interceptor and was initially produced for the Marik-Stewart Commonwealth at their new ground facility on Loyalty. Within two years of its initial release, sales to the Commonwealth proved the design successful, thus expanding sales to Republic of the Sphere's Armed Forces. The craft's production was expanded with a second facility on the Republic of the Sphere world of Asuncion.
The craft's Magna 245 XL engines pushes it upward to speed of factor 14, which allows its medium range weaponry to engage its target more swiftly than most other fighters. The Poignard mounts 10 tons of Heavy Ferro-Aluminum Armor, providing it superior protection when engaging its opponents.
Weapons and Equipment
The fighter's weaponry includes a heat efficient nose mounted Small Pulse Laser and Imperator Napoleon Light AC/5 with a ton of ammunition. To bolster the cannon & pulse are a pair of Extended Range Medium Lasers are mounted each of its wings. The weapons heat is managed by 11 Double Heat Sinks, allows the craft remain cool when most of its weapons are in use.
- The R3 variant of the Poignard is designed for ground-support and space escort and was introduced at the same year as the PGD-L3. The craft weaponry includes three of the Y3's ER Medium Lasers and expands the complement of Small Pulse Lasers to six. The R3 was designed to be optimized for strafing conventional infantry, while in space it could part of a fleet's missile defense force. BV(2.0)=1,173
- Technical Readout: 3085 pp. 112-113, "PGD-Y3 Poignard
- MUL online entry for the Poignard
- MUL online entry for the Poignard PGD-L3 variant
- Record Sheets: 3085 Unabridged - The Cutting Edge, p. 167
- Record Sheets: 3085 Unabridged - The Cutting Edge, p. 168
- MUL online entry for the Poignard PGD-R3 variant