- Community Outreach - The Art Of BattleTech, Renegade HPG, And The Remastered BattleTech Cartoon
- Happy Holidays From Sarna!
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For December 2020
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For November 2020
- Did You Know? - There Was A BattleTech Card Game, And It Was Great™
- Read more →
A Point is the basic Clan military formation and was considered by Nicholas Kerensky to be the smallest effective deployment of any military asset, a doctrine which has remained unchanged since its introduction. Points are commanded by a Point Commander, except for naval Points, which are either commanded by a Star Commodore in the case of WarShips or a Star Captain in the case of JumpShips and DropShips.
A Point can consist of one of the following:
- One OmniMech or BattleMech.
- Two OmniFighters (if Trueborn) or two Conventional Fighters (if Freeborn or solahma). In the case of OmniFighters, both will always be of the same design, though not necessarily of the same configuration.
- Two Combat Vehicles.
- Five Battle Armored Elementals. Elementals are rarely deployed in anything less than Point strength to maximize their lethality.
- Twenty-five conventional infantry. These are organized into five five-man squads, one of which serves as the Point's command squad.
- Five ProtoMechs. A ProtoMech Point may consist of all one type or different types.
- One Vessel (WarShip, JumpShip, DropShip)
- Field Manual: Warden Clan, p. 11
- Field Manual: Crusader Clan, p. 10
- Field Manual: Warden Clan, p. 13
- Field Manual: Crusader Clan, p. 11
- Field Manual: Warden Clans, p. 10
- Field Manual: Crusader Clans, p. 8
- Explorer Corps (sourcebook), p. 51
- Field Manual: Crusader Clans, p. 9
- Technical Readout: 3060, p. 190