- MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries Has Arrived - Here's What You Can Expect
- The 'Mech That Looks Most Like A Turkey
- Community Outreach - How Michael Todd Met Robert N. Charrette
- Community Outreach - The Robert N. Charrette Collection
- New Heavy Metal Trailer For HBS’ BattleTech Reveals New ‘Mech: The Bull Shark
- Read more →
Power Amplifiers are banks of capacitors installed into Combat Vehicles, Support Vehicles or Conventional Fighters which are powered by 'conventional' sources such as Internal Combustion Engines or Fuel Cells instead of Fission or Fusion Engines. These amplifiers, constantly recharged by the operation of the vehicle's engines, allow the use of Lasers or other energy weapons by providing the necessary power. Power Amplifiers typically add around 10 percent to the overall mass of such weapons, though they do not increase the weapons' bulk.
Construction rules for adding Power Amplifiers to the listed vehicles are covered in their respective sections of the TechManual. Amplifiers take up no space slots. Power amplifiers are unique, in that they are measured in weights by tenth of tons, instead of full half tons, like other equipment normally is.
- TechManual, p. 235, "Power Amplifier"
- Tech Manual p. 107