- Community Outreach - The Art Of BattleTech, Renegade HPG, And The Remastered BattleTech Cartoon
- Happy Holidays From Sarna!
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For December 2020
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For November 2020
- Did You Know? - There Was A BattleTech Card Game, And It Was Great™
- Read more →
Precision ammunition can be used in standard autocannons and their lighter cousins. Scientists from the Federated Suns managed to modify autocannon ammunition to accommodate a gyrojet shell that can correct its course in mid-flight, but the course correction system increased the mass of each shell. Debuting in 3062, precision ammo soon found its way into the armies of other nations.
In CBT play, precision ammunition grants the firer a 2 point reduction to the Target Movement Modifier. This comes at a cost, however, of only being able to carry half as many rounds per ton (round down).
- TechManual, pp. 207-208, "Autocannon"
- Total Warfare, p. 142, "Precision Ammunition"
- Field Manual: Federated Suns, p. 159, "Precision Ammunition"