Predator (Combat Vehicle)
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For August 2020
- MechWarrior 5 DLC, Heroes Of The Inner Sphere, Previewed In Podcasts And Streams
- MechCommander Returns As a MechWarrior 5 Mod
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For July, 2020
- The Evolution Of Long-Range Missiles In BattleTech, or Why You Should Shut Up And Love The LRM-5
- Read more →
- This article is about the combat vehicle. For other uses, see Predator (disambiguation).
|Predator Tank Destroyer|
|Manufacturer||Ceres Metals Industries|
|Mission|| Anti-Vehicle |
|Armor||Hellespont Heavy Ferro-Fibrous|
|Engine||Ceres Motors 270 Fuel Cell|
|Communications System||Magna-VOX KS2525|
|Targeting Tracking System||Magna-VOX TTS4000|
The Predator Tank Destroyer is the modern version of a Succession Wars Era Combat Vehicle, which was originally produced for the Capellan Confederation. Designed around a single weapon, the vehicle was made as a stop gap replacement during a time where the Confederation's combat vehicle forces were being depleted.
The tank was first designed during last few years the Second Succession War. It would serve until 2974, when during the battle of Spica the tank's glaring flaws would come to light. The planet's militia forces using the tank were soundly defeated during a skirmish against the armor elements of the 5th Syrtis Fusiliers. The Predator would soon fade away and be replaced with the Hetzer.
It would not be until the Victoria War, where a revised modern version of the Predator would appear again. This new standard version of the tank proved its worth with improved armor and a long-ranged main gun.
Weapons and Equipment
The thirty-second century version of the Predator utilizes a 270-rated fuel cell engine to allow it to move upwards to 97 kph. Engineers replaced the original's standard armor for 4.5 tons of Heavy Ferro-Fibrous armor. Though the new armor gives its superior protection to its originator, its side and rear facing protection is still considered lightly armored.
The Predator is armed with a single Mydron Devastator LB 20-X Class Autocannon, allowing the Predator to take on targets further away with a devastating punch. The vehicle carries two tons of ammunition, giving its crew the ability to choose which type to use in combat.
- Predator Tank Destroyer (Original)
- First produced in the middle of the thirtieth century in 2942, this ancient design carries Succession Wars era downgraded equipment. This version of the Predator is armed with a Q-Beam Class 20 Autocannon with only a single ton of ammunition. Though able to reach a reasonable speed of 86 kph, the bulk of the tank's armor is focused in its front while its sides and rear are barely to withstand a hit from a single Class 5 Autocannon. BV(2.0)=480
The Predator is subjected to the following Design Quirks:
The Original Predator Tank Destroyer was described in the Variant section may be based on a vehicle which was published in BattleTechnology magazine issue #0203.
Technical Readout: 3145 Capellan Confederation states the Predator was designed in the last few years of the Second Succession War, yet the MUL gives 2942 as its introduction date which is almost 80 years later.
- Technical Readout: 3145 Capellan Confederation, p.15 Predator Tank Destroyer - BV2
- MUL Profile for the Modern/Standard Predator Tank Destroyer - Includes BV2 & introduction date.
- Record Sheets: 3145 Unabridged, p. 77
- Technical Readout: 3145 Capellan Confederation, p.14 Predator Tank Destroyer - Background
- Technical Readout: 3145 Capellan Confederation, p. 15 & 67 Predator Tank Destroyer - Stats
- Technical Readout: 3145 Capellan Confederation, p.15 & 66 Predator Tank Destroyer - BV2
- MUL Profile for the original Predator Tank Destroyer.
- Record Sheets: 3145 Unabridged, p. 76